Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Rear Windshield Whiper Fuse in a 97 OBS !??!

So at first, i thought i was just burning out motors, so i'd just goto the junk yard an pick one up for like 10 bucks, and re-install it (the rear windshield whiper motor) and think nothing of it. But i was bored today, and realized that i haven't had a working windshield whiper back there in a year or so. So i poped off some panels to try to figure out what was going on. i tested the motor, hard wired to the battery and it worked great! so i've got a wiring problem OR i blew the fuse.. i'm guessing the fuse, but here's the problem, I CAN"T FIND IT! my haynes says it should be in the fuse/relay box, i check there, no dice, i checked under the dash in that little cluster, not dice. WHERE IS IT!?! i managed to find the relay way in the back.. .but i couldn't think of anything to do w/ it.

Anyone know where they hide those tricky ones? :brow:

i managed to find the relay way in the back.. .but i couldn't think of anything to do w/ it.

Anyone know where they hide those tricky ones? :brow:

It sounds like you found it and don't know how to test it. Is that right?

No

i'm pretty sure it's a dead fuse, i just can't find where the hell it is! I dunno what to do w/ the relay.. so i just put it back. The relay works, because when i try to switch on the whiper i can hear it click.

You should get a test light probe and verify that power is not getting to the relay. The relay could have power to it and still not let power pass if the contacts inside are bad. This is a common problem with relays. If you don't have a probe they are cheap to get at a auto store, Sears, or just about any retail store with an auto section.