Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Can someone pass on some info regarding an engine rebuild for the 1.2 Lt Justy. I recently purchased this car and it had a burnt valve which I'm getting the head re-done. I'm after the timing gear settings, head torque specs and whatever else you could pass on. I live up here in Alberta and can't seem to track down a rebuild manual so if any of you want to part with yours or photo copy some pages it sure would be appreciated. Or direct me to a souce. You can e-mail me off list

Dave

dnimigon@telusplanet.net

I have not found a Justy-specific manual, but I do have a Chilton's that covers most of the info that you have requested, plus more. Now, I don't care for Chilton's manuals, but any port in a storm... The manual is:

#64302 Subaru Coupes/Sedans/Wagons 1985-96 Repair Manual

I hope that this helps. If you want some specific info, let me know and I will get to you what I can.

Thanks for getting back to me on the Justy. I'm doing a rebuild of the engine as I picked the car up second hand and it had a burnt valve which I've sent the head in to get done. What I'm after is timing setup for this motor which is the 1.2 ltr. 3 cylinder , 3 valve. It's a 1991 if that helps too. What I also need are the torque setting for the head and any other info that would be usefull. I've pulled the head while in the car which was a pain but going to pull the engine here so it's easier to get at things. Other than that I'm not sure what else you could send me. If you can think of anything go ahead and send it. Not sure if you have a way of scanning the manual of this info. Appreciate anything you can do

Dave

dnimigon@telusplanet.net