Ultimate Subaru Message Board

fusable links>>>

There is a major problem if you are burning those up. My '88 manual shows a green wire in slots 1 and 3. I think slot 1 is at the front end of the car but I may be wrong, I think that is correct though. Slot 2 is red and slot 4 is black. To help you decide what slot is correct, I am calling slot 4 the slot that has a white wire going to it to supply the accessories. It also has the largest diameter link. Slot 1 has a red color wire for the feed.

I don't know what link is for what. What I do know is that the factory service manual for the 90 loyale states that the wire guage in the links is of a different size, so be careful replacing them. The two greens are the narrowest guage (.5mm squared), the red is .85mm squared, and the black is 1.25mm squared. The thicker the wire, the more amps it can handle before it melts in the required 15 seconds. If it were my car, I'd go to a dealer, bring your VIN number, tell 'em you want a new set of four links, and have them tell you which order they go in. If they can't, write again. Meanwhile, follow the advice by other posters to figure out the cause of the melted link. Just replacing the link may not be enough.

my cap on the fusible link holder has the colors indicated on it.

As you face the fuses from the drivers side of the car how do the colors go from left to right or another way, from the front of the car to the rear? I am curious and don't have my car anymore to check it.