Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

CB channel for WCSS7?

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Lesbaru

Lesbaru

Gir is my copilot

• Members
  • 681 posts
  • Seattle

Posted 02 June 2005 - 08:15 PM

I searched and looked and whined... but couldn't find out if there's a CB channel for folks driving to WCSS7. 'Course, with the new beastie I might just be too protective of the new paint to put my magnetic antenna on the roof. (chicken! That's me!) But it'd be fun to holler on the radio a bit. Can anyone tell me if there's a channel picked and what it is?

Thanks,
Kaja the computer illiterate chicken shht

#2 mattocs

mattocs

Subaru Legacy Lover

• Members
  • 1,312 posts
  • Pittsburgh

Posted 02 June 2005 - 08:54 PM

Wrap a small towel or rag around the magnetic base to protect your paint.

#3 Jack in Norfolk

Jack in Norfolk

1000+ Super USER!

• Members
  • 1,075 posts
  • Marblehead, MA

Posted 02 June 2005 - 09:40 PM

I used to have to put a magnetic sign on my wagon to deliver pizza in college. It never scratched the paint, but I still wouldn't trust the magnets.

#4 Turbone

Turbone

The Original Rob

• 12,104 posts
  • WA

Posted 02 June 2005 - 10:14 PM

With all the chatter on the I-5 corridor, its going to be hard to find a channel that can be used exclusively. Most of the lower channels are long distance bounces and the 10-26 channels are local, mostly. Maybe the upper 20's might work?

#5 Flowmastered87GL

Flowmastered87GL

WCSS Drunk

• Members
  • 6,087 posts
  • Portland, Oregon

Posted 03 June 2005 - 12:01 AM

For the record pizza magnets DO scratch the paint after a while... My roof has scratches and paint chips.

To prevent scratches, try covering the magnet with 1 layer of packing tape. It will slightly decrease its magnetic ablities, but I dont think the antenna has enough drag (compared to a pizza topper) for it to matter.

Hmmm maybe I should hook the power wires on my CB back up, they corroded off a year+ ago :lol:

#6 TheSubaruJunkie

TheSubaruJunkie

I'M BAAAAAACK!

• Members
  • 1,920 posts
  • Sacramento

Posted 03 June 2005 - 01:10 AM

I lost a magnetic mount on the way to WCSS6 last year. Scared the crap out of me to hear it slide off my trunk and into my fender (and wheel). Magnet shattered but luckily it didnt peirce my tire. I stopped at the next radioshack and bought a new one.

Me and Jibs will be Traveling north on I-5 from Sacramento to Olympia. We both have CB's and will most likely be on channel 5. if not just scan around. If we're nearby you will hear us :) We have ALOT of driving to do, and i doubt either one of us will have passengers in our cars.

-Brian

#7 Jibs

Jibs

Wonder Triplets Activate

• Members
  • 1,720 posts
  • Reno

Posted 03 June 2005 - 08:12 PM

yeah I'll have my cb ready to go. Channel 5 sounds good. I WILL have 1 passenger though, but he'll be quiet I promise!:)

#8 subieman

subieman

1000+ Super USER!

• Members
  • 1,422 posts
  • Sparks, NV

Posted 04 June 2005 - 10:09 AM

I WILL have 1 passenger though, but he'll be quiet I promise!:)

HAHAHAHA! Suuurrrrrrrreeee he will. :lol: Cool someone to pick on!

Where did u buy and how much did you pay for your CB Jibs? If the price is right I might pick one up too.

#9 soobmater

soobmater

Got Mud?

• Members
  • 1,668 posts
  • South Bend

Posted 04 June 2005 - 12:29 PM

you can get a cheaper one for about 40 bucks. thats what i got lol but it serves the purpose and i got it out of Jc whittneys ask mudduck he knows tons about cbs

#10 ballitch

ballitch

Certified Subaru Nut

• Members
  • 999 posts
  • Salem, OR

Posted 04 June 2005 - 12:39 PM

channel 5 it is then

~Josh~

#11 TheSubaruJunkie

TheSubaruJunkie

I'M BAAAAAACK!

• Members
  • 1,920 posts
  • Sacramento

Posted 04 June 2005 - 01:28 PM

I bought my CB from walmart for $30. I went cheap on the CB and got a good antenna for it. DONT SKIMP ON THE ANTENNA! :)

-Brian

#12 subieman

subieman

1000+ Super USER!

• Members
  • 1,422 posts
  • Sparks, NV

Posted 04 June 2005 - 01:31 PM

Cool, I'll check walmart. I dont know if I would ever use it again after this trip though?

#13 TheSubaruJunkie

TheSubaruJunkie

I'M BAAAAAACK!

• Members
  • 1,920 posts
  • Sacramento

Posted 04 June 2005 - 01:38 PM

Of course you will. Everytime your out off-roading with me and/or JB you'll be using it.

-Brian

#14 Andyjo

Andyjo

I'm Not Austin!

• Members
  • 1,808 posts
  • Windham NH

Posted 04 June 2005 - 02:05 PM

I got my CB at radio shack.. works pretty well.
As for the magnetic mounts, make sure the area you put it is clean, as well as the bottom of the magnet, or else it'll scratch up a storm.
I like the tape & towel ideas.. i'll have to pass those on to my friends. I persanally just hammered my mount into the frame by my roof rack, and then bolted another piece of metal to that, like a clamp. :rolleyes:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users