Ultimate Subaru Message Board

CB channel for WCSS7?

I searched and looked and whined... but couldn't find out if there's a CB channel for folks driving to WCSS7. 'Course, with the new beastie I might just be too protective of the new paint to put my magnetic antenna on the roof. (chicken! That's me!) But it'd be fun to holler on the radio a bit. Can anyone tell me if there's a channel picked and what it is?

Thanks,

Kaja the computer illiterate chicken shht

With all the chatter on the I-5 corridor, its going to be hard to find a channel that can be used exclusively. Most of the lower channels are long distance bounces and the 10-26 channels are local, mostly. Maybe the upper 20's might work?

For the record pizza magnets DO scratch the paint after a while... My roof has scratches and paint chips.

To prevent scratches, try covering the magnet with 1 layer of packing tape. It will slightly decrease its magnetic ablities, but I dont think the antenna has enough drag (compared to a pizza topper) for it to matter.

Hmmm maybe I should hook the power wires on my CB back up, they corroded off a year+ ago :lol:

I lost a magnetic mount on the way to WCSS6 last year. Scared the crap out of me to hear it slide off my trunk and into my fender (and wheel). Magnet shattered but luckily it didnt peirce my tire. I stopped at the next radioshack and bought a new one.

Me and Jibs will be Traveling north on I-5 from Sacramento to Olympia. We both have CB's and will most likely be on channel 5. if not just scan around. If we're nearby you will hear us :) We have ALOT of driving to do, and i doubt either one of us will have passengers in our cars.

-Brian

I WILL have 1 passenger though, but he'll be quiet I promise!:)

HAHAHAHA! Suuurrrrrrrreeee he will. :lol: Cool someone to pick on!

Where did u buy and how much did you pay for your CB Jibs? If the price is right I might pick one up too.

I got my CB at radio shack.. works pretty well.

As for the magnetic mounts, make sure the area you put it is clean, as well as the bottom of the magnet, or else it'll scratch up a storm.

I like the tape & towel ideas.. i'll have to pass those on to my friends. I persanally just hammered my mount into the frame by my roof rack, and then bolted another piece of metal to that, like a clamp. :rolleyes: