Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Ick!

I do have a question about the 2006 Imprezas: From rumors that I have seen on the web, the Impreza will get the 173 hp 2.5 liter engine that the new Forester will have and the WRX will get the 230 hp turbo engine in the 2006 Forester XT. Will this make the WRX an Impreza XT? Is this a good/bad/neutral thing? How will this engine compare with the 227 hp 2.0 liter engine currently in the WRX? Should I run out and buy another 2005 WRX?

I have to say it looks much better than the Tribeca. Not bad at all actually. Maybe it's the combination of the headlights and hood that make the grille look weird on it (Tribeca). But, here on the Impreza, I actually kinda like it.

Brian

After seeing the direction they took with the grille design on the Tribeca, and then comparing it to the new Forester and Impreza, things could be much worse.

For the most part I like the Forester and Impreza redesigns, but I wouldn't call them an 'improvement'.

As far as engines in the Impreza lineup. Yes, the RS horsepower is being bumped up, and the WRX gets the 2.5 turbo. It's a huge improvement over the 2.0 turbo powerplant. Too bad I'm not in the market for another car...yet. :D

<<I do have a question about the 2006 Imprezas: From rumors that I have seen on the web, the Impreza will get the 173 hp 2.5 liter engine that the new Forester will have and the WRX will get the 230 hp turbo engine in the 2006 Forester XT. Will this make the WRX an Impreza XT? Is this a good/bad/neutral thing? How will this engine compare with the 227 hp 2.0 liter engine currently in the WRX? Should I run out and buy another 2005 WRX?>>

here are the specs for the 06' Impreza

2.5L HP 173 TQ 166

2.5L TURBO HP 230 TQ 235

STi HP 300 TQ 300

I have to say it looks much better than the Tribeca. Not bad at all actually. Maybe it's the combination of the headlights and hood that make the grille look weird on it (Tribeca). But, here on the Impreza, I actually kinda like it.

Brian

I'd have to agree. I think it looks better because it's not so pronounced. It's a little flatter than the nose on the tribeca. now all they have to do is flatten it a little more, bisect it down the middle, and add a blue and white propeller on top..heh heh heh

They took the designer from alfa romeo and had him design the new subarus. Unfortunatly he left his sweet designs at the alfa drawing table. If mabe he would adapt some of his REALLY nice designs to subaru it would be more appealing.

Alfa Visconti

AlfaRomeoVisconti_01_lg.jpg

Dont forget subaru usually screws up on their first few model years on their new designs and then make it up later. I just cant wait until the B11S 3.0TT 400HP comes out but hopefully it looks more like the car above.

lg_Subaru+B11S-lg.jpg

subaru_b11s_1g.jpg

God, I hope they spare the Legacy from the new grille. Doesnt look likely though. And I couldnt agree more about Subaru messing up the first couple years. My 99 Legacy GT looks way sportier than my 96 GT. Same with 04 Impreza over the 02.

Well we'll see what will happen when this impreza hits the roads... Been looking to this pictures for the past three days and to be honest it kinda grew on me. Must say that it looks better than Tribeca...

Anyway have fun

SubaruFreak