Ultimate Subaru Message Board

my poor poor xt :(

yep my 1987.5 turbo xt is dead....some lady tboned me and sent me off the highway, it was written off but i am getting the car as salvage hopefully cause i know there is alot of good stuff in it still. i will try and get some pictures up for you guys. and if anyone wants parts off it i am gonan be parting it out. it has a brand new rebuilt engine, good turbo, full catless exhaust with custom downpipe. and the 1987.5 interior is in really good shape. i will miss that car, it was one of my favorite to drive. im not usre of what to buy now, im thinking of a 92 twin turbo legacy but who knows. i have no idea what insurance is gonna pay me for my xt i dont know the book value or what its actually worth.

Wow... what a sad sad end for such a nice car :(

How are the seats? Any stains/tears? If they're blue, I WANT THOSE SEATS!!

We'll find a way to get them, the only thing I'm worried about is paying crazy amounts of cash to get them across the border.

Anyone know anything about shipping seats across the continent from Canada?

Or, if Miles ever gets his TrashWagon back anytime soon, we could ship them out to wherever the wagon is, and if he's feeling generous, I could just pick them up in person in Indiana.

I really REALLY want blue 87.5 seats for my turbo!

yeah it had a blue interior and the seats are mint, well i think theres a little bit of pop on the back one from the crash but all in all are good, make me an offer and you can figure out shipping. i want hurt and niether were my buddys. so we were lucky, the roo wasnt so fortunate, lol. its a 5 speed 4x4 turbo if anyone wants to know. it even has the bronzed door glass!!! very rare

Well, let me figure out how I'm going to get these seats to me, and I'll make an offer.

Can you do me a favor and ask around about shipping costs of a couple of big heavy boxes to Morgantown, WV? I know shipping from the US to Canada costs a LOT. Hopefully it's not the same from Canada to the US. If it is too expensive, hopefully someone from the US wouldn't mind picking up the seats for me when they're in the area.

How far from the border do you live?

Sorry to hear.Good luck with the settling of the matter.

What are you doing with the motor?

I need a distributor.'87.5 should have an ignition module in it,as I've been told.I'm getting another XT4T and the guys says he was told it needs an ignition module.

I'm also interested in your turbo exhaust/downpipe.

Any alloys in really nice shape?My brother wants a nice set.

well everything on the car is up for grabs, the engine is near new turn key with a good turbo. make offers if you want stuff. can anyone tell me what the car value is or estimate for me. it was a 1987.5 subaru xt. 5 speed with numatic suspension, fulltime 4x4 with cental locking diff. mint interior, typical wear to the body. full custom exhaust, new engine, 300k on the chasis maybe 15k on the engine. i took the stereo out but it was worth 1500 $$. lol well any estimates would be appriciated as this was a rare car and icbc will take a very low book value. i dont think i would be able to replace my car with exactly what i had. thanks Ty

well the xpipe is stock. from the turbo back is free flow. the engine was rebuilt by rguyver from our message board and apparently was completly reconditioned, i believe it has gen 3 heads though id have to check. does anyone know if a subaru ea82T would mount in a 69 vw bug!! cause that would be cool, lol:headbang: