Ultimate Subaru Message Board

My wife's Volvo wagon has a nice 100,000 mile metal badge on it. It just rolled 200,000 and I've got to look into how we can get another badge for it. (The car sounds like a minature tractor, has little oomph, but is solid as a tank and impressive as hell as far as reliability.)

Anyway, are there any high mileage badges fr Subaru owners? Mine will roll over 200K in 30K miles and I was just wondering.

As a side note, I bumped into an old college friend last night at a restaurant. (I may have inspired him to rekindle his old Brat interests...) He's driving a 96 Chevy Silverado and it's got about 218,000 miles on it and he said he's not done a thing to the engine yet. (There was a past discussion on American trucks because the engines didn't last that long but were cheap to replace.) I was impressed, considering it had been a work truck before he bought it.

there is a subaru high mileage club on-line.no badges though,just bumper stickers saying the name of the club.you can send the guy a pic or two an a story about maintence an what not,and he'll post it at the site for all to see an read.

9465100_000_mile_club_sticker-thumb.JPG that's the sticker you get for $1.50

Since time began, Mercedes has done a mileage recognition program. At 250,000km, 500,000km and 1,000,000km you visit a dealer to have your mileage verified, fill out a form and within a few weeks you recieve a nice grille badge, certificate and pin.

Subaru should do the same, and it would be unique among Japanese brands.