Ultimate Subaru Message Board

another RX is going to be down for awhile

on my way to a test and tune autoX, my engine starts ticking like an EA81 so I turn around head back home get about ten miles or so and I lose all power and the engine dies drift to the side of the freeway pop the hood expect to see one less timing belt, but both are there and both are tight. so I think "hmm this isn't going to be good, go to crank the engine and the dipstick pops up like on thanksgiving turkeys when they're cooked. then it starts smoking white smoke out of the dipstick hole, and I get it started and it blows enough blue smoke out the tail pipe that I didn't have to worry about bugs anytime soon right there. call my dad and he comes get me and I go to start it to drive it on the trailer, and I get no compression, and I'm like well its cooked so I use the starter to get it on the trailer. get it home and pull the dip stick and a piece of metal comes off with the oil, either bearing material, or bore wall, or piston. and thats that for this engine. prolly going to get a junkyard engine, or a JDM one and put in it now, and build a 8.5:1 comp. ratio engine with head studs, oe or metal head gaskets and full EM.

CN my RX blew its engine

so I did a comp test and 2 tested at ZERO (didn't even move the needle) 4 tested 100psi and 1 was at 115 and three was 120. I broke the piston somehow on 2, I'll take pics when I tear it apart.

so I blew the piston apart, not sure how but the whole bottom of the piston os gone.

crap mine was sorta like that but it still runs and stuff so i think if i do anything more itll go that way as well. i reeeally need to do a comp test to get it sorted but i was wonderin about the motor buying, how much do u think one costs that ud replace with?