Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Weber DGV5a 32/36

So I'm considering making a deal on Weber DGV5a 32/36. This would be for my lifted 85 wagon, 5sp DR. with power steering.

Is this a suitible carb for my car?

I think that is a manual choke?

Any good metal smith can make an adapter plate, correct?

Havn't I read somewhere that power steering creates issues? Can it be done? How?

Is this a suitable carb for my car?

It probably neads rebuilt. Whats ballpark fair market value?

Thanks,

Pyro

I can't remember what the model number is, but the DGEV with electric or water choke will not fit the EA82s that have power steering. You can use the DGEV on power steering soobs, if you put the carb on backwards. However, then you have to fab the linkage to operate from the other side.

The manual choke just fits, from what I've read.

There is one that effectively has the bottom mirrored, so the choke is pointing to the rear. I just don't know what the model number is.

I ran into problems running a DGV series carb on my EA82 with PS. It can be done but it takes alot of tinkering.

Generally its easier to run the reverse model... its the DFV series... with electric choke its known as the DFEV.

It lets you keep the throttle linkage pretty close to stock and doesnt bother the power steering or spare tire at all. PM me if you want me to take some pictures or something for you of my setup. My car is not lifted, but that really shouldnt change much.

I ran into problems running a DGV series carb on my EA82 with PS. It can be done but it takes alot of tinkering.

Generally its easier to run the reverse model... its the DFV series... with electric choke its known as the DFEV.

It lets you keep the throttle linkage pretty close to stock and doesnt bother the power steering or spare tire at all. PM me if you want me to take some pictures or something for you of my setup. My car is not lifted, but that really shouldnt change much.

Thanks for the input. From my reading as many old posts as I can find (many many on this), I think that the DFV has a slightly smaller throat. Theres some conflicting information if you read it all. Hard to sort it all out. I think I'm going to go ahead and get a DGAV and try it, unless somebody tells me it's impossible to get it to work.

Pyro

You can get the electric choke to work, What i did was hammer the PS res. in a little bit, made just the rite amount of space.

You can get the rebuild kits around $35-50.00 depends on hwere you get them, also you can buy adapter kits from redline for your soob, Would probly be cheaper than having one made anyway.