Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Info on Fuji Rabbit 4 stroke 250cc S-101s

if you don`t mind it not being totally original mechanically, i would mount a honda 250 scooter motor in it.probly faster, more reliable, and easier to find parts for.i mounted one on a gocart one time.they are pretty easy to put on (not many mount bolts, or wiring)and they go like heck.you could put the original rear wheel back on and nobody would no the difference.until you press the electric start button and give a demonstration:burnout:

good luck with it, you might be able to find the original parts from ebay or someone on here.

jon

if you don`t mind it not being totally original mechanically, i would mount a honda 250 scooter motor in it.probly faster, more reliable, and easier to find parts for.i mounted one on a gocart one time.they are pretty easy to put on (not many mount bolts, or wiring)and they go like heck.you could put the original rear wheel back on and nobody would no the difference.until you press the electric start button and give a demonstration:burnout:

good luck with it, you might be able to find the original parts from ebay or someone on here.

jon

I don't think I could stomach a honda engine in it. The thing about the rabbit is the auto tranny set up. If I do have to put something non original in it it would be a Robin engine hopefully.

When I had my Rabbit, I found a website, FujiRabbit.com maybe? There was some parts floating around there, there is a business that sells repro lenses and rubber for them too.

I don't think I could stomach a honda engine in it. The thing about the rabbit is the auto tranny set up. If I do have to put something non original in it it would be a Robin engine hopefully.

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah, have been to the US sites. Have yet to find anything out about the 4 stroke and no one seems to have one listed in the registry. Took the engine and tranny out today. Still seized beyond belief. Seems to only be missing a few things though which is good. Have been looking at EX27 Robin engines though if I can't come up with a good way to unseize her.

Torn down it won't unseize?

Try S'Ok or another brand of super penetrant you like in the cyl overnight for a few days in a row.

Well as best I can tell there really isn't a way to get it torn down. There is no way to really crack the sucker. Its had pb in it for about 4 weeks now to no avail.