Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Droping a motor in a justy

Bgale04

im thinking about droping a 4cly motor im my 93 justy. Right now im looking for a donor car with a 5spd to possibly drop the motor in because i have a en ecvt in my 93 that is burt up. I was just looking for any ideas of what to do on dropping a motor in. What i should use, and what i should do for all the wireing and all the goods. When i had the justy running even with the 75hp ecvt tranny it was fun as hell. So im just looking for some ideas on what to do.

Thanks alot

bgale

hmm.. I might recommend going for a 4 cylinder from a daihatsu, or a suzuki. Suzuki makes a really cool 16 valve 1.3 litre 4cyl, (with lots of aftermarket stuff available too) that with a little bit of tweaking might be able to fit into a justy using the donor car transaxle of course. if all you burnt up was the transaxle in your justy, whats the story on the motor? interested in selling it if its in good shape?

-Mike

I would most definetly sell it but its got 210,000 on the motor :( But i baught it from a subaru dealership, and the guy who sold it kept it in good shape most likely had the ecvt redone and all that. cuz ecvt just dont last 210 from what i hear. But the motor fires up with no hesitation at all.

You should drop an ER27 (6 cylinder 2.7L motor) into it! That would be sweet! Or I guess a EA82T would work too.

Rick

I don't think there's enough room for either of them. But it wouldbe cool though.:brow: You will have to deal with the fact that the Justy has inverted 3 cylinder as well, and will have to swap out transmissions as well, and I don't know if a regular 4 or 5 speed out of any other soob would work. I can't give any other info, sorry. Hope this steers you in the right direction, and if I am wrong anywhere here I apologize.

Hey, I hear that them there HONDAS use a transverse engine. Maybe you should get one of them there HONDA engines and drop it in.

Duck! INCOMING!!!! :lol:

yeah sorry TRANSVERSELY. word.:)

Based on the quality of your previous posts that I have read, I hadn't expected you to use such a... um... different... term from what you had intended. Thanks for clearing it up! :)

Hey, I hear that them there HONDAS use a transverse engine. Maybe you should get one of them there HONDA engines and drop it in.

I've thought about this on two occasions and posted about it.

http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/showthread.php?t=25553&page=1&pp=10&highlight=Acura+Integra

http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/showthread.php?t=22070&highlight=Acura+Integra

No-one seems to know how to go about this.

You should drop an ER27 (6 cylinder 2.7L motor) into it! That would be sweet! Or I guess a EA82T would work too.

Rick

Im with Rick!! you could make it fit, it would just take a $h!T load of cutting and welding. hehe think of it this way if you did it first you would be a great pioneer!:drunk: If you dont I might!

GO FOR IT!!! <-- He's crazy dont listen to him (voices in head)

• 1 month later...

You wanna get crazy and put a Justy motor in it I might be interested in selling mine, I have a 1987 Justy but the motor and two wheel drive tranny are out of a 91 or 92, I havn't been able to find a carb that will work with my 87 system. The guy I bought the car from told me the motor and tranny were taken out of a wrecked car with 28,000 miles on them then he drove the car 1/2 block and parked it in a garage for 10 years, when I got it the tires were rotted out but with an oil change and a wrecking yard carb I put 1 or 2 thousand miles on it till the carb electronics took a crap. I'm in Eugene, Oregon and if you make the right offer we can make a deal, if not I'll keep searching for a carb. Oh, I have put the original type carb on it and it kinda runs ok but every so often it just flat dies, not a good thing in traffic but the electronics may very well work properly on a 93 car where they just won't on an 87.

Good luck anyway it goes

Mudrat357

im thinking about droping a 4cly motor im my 93 justy. Right now im looking for a donor car with a 5spd to possibly drop the motor in because i have a en ecvt in my 93 that is burt up. I was just looking for any ideas of what to do on dropping a motor in. What i should use, and what i should do for all the wireing and all the goods. When i had the justy running even with the 75hp ecvt tranny it was fun as hell. So im just looking for some ideas on what to do.

Thanks alot

bgale

Another option you might want to look into would be a toyota 4AGE, they came in both front wheel drive cars and rear wheel drive, and i think a 4 wheel drive wagon? anyway, they are very reliable strong engines, 1.6 ltr, 130 bhp, 8k redline. :brow: There is also a supercharged version which can be easily swapped to turbo, i've seen it done before. Too much power, 200 hp gets scary in a rear wheel drive car.

i just found this a couple days ago www.turboman.ca check it out its friggin crazy

WOW....

That's one intense Justy. Even a Ej22 would be a huge improvement over the stock mechanic.. I mean engine.

So is this that thing AWD? I guess it would have to be since he showed the front and rear axle pic.