Ultimate Subaru Message Board

events in Tucson

LOL! That would be cool though!! I haven't heard from Ryan (Ryker) in a few weeks... But there's not that many of us here in Tucson.. I want to try and get something set up if I get this job at Japanese Unlimited.. Like a celebration cook-out / party kinda thing...

A few ideas:

Mt. Lemmon, good scenery plenty of twisty mountain road.. good bar-b-que spots.. not much off roading except the trail that goes down the back of the mountain to Oracle... Expect a "half-day" drive.. nothing a stock 98 Legacy GT doesn't mind going through.. take it slow and you might not scrape it up too bad :brow: I think there is a $5 a day fee if you plan on stopping *anywhere* besides summerhaven or ski valley ( http://www.mt-lemmon.com/ ) ;

Reddington Pass, "Twisting Mountain Unpaved Road" is the best way to describe it.. Plenty of Bar-b-que spots, shooting spots, if you like shooting your gun.. Plenty of *off-road* Very few trails you'd want to take your stock rig on.. (Huh, Ryker?) :grin: No fees here.. except maybe littering if they catch you not picking up your shells or targets :dead:

Arivaca Lake.. It's about 60-70 miles SW of Tucson... but it's a good free place to have a good size camp out.. fishing for those who take pleasure.. Large Mouth Bass, Catfish, Blue Gill, Etc... Don't eat them though.. we got mercury.. wouldn't hurt to have a license.. fish and game do show up out there once in a while. It's near some very nice trails of varying difficulty.. for the off-roaders in the group.. and it's a very nice curvy drive in for any "street" type! I've driven an Impreza with a 1-1.5" drop to the lake before.. so getting to the lake is not a problem.. but is a few miles of dirt. I'm sure you could shoot your guns out there also.. just be responsible and be CAREFUL about ricocheting(sp?) your bullets and that kind of thing. Plenty of camping spots if you want to have a nice camp fire and stay the night by a lake.. Bring your row boat or canoe! Best view of the stars you'll find without going to the top of a mountain. Only drawback is when you leave you stand a good chance of being stopped by a U.S. Border Patrol agent so he can make sure you don't have any drugs or illegal immigrants in your vehicle.

**Make sure your guns are legal, and please be responsible. If you choose to bring them.

It's probably kinda of apparent that my place of choice is Arivaca Lake. Especially for a "Wild West Subaru Jamboree!" (Bring your instruments too!) I really think it's worth the drive down there.. Especially if you want to camp out. There's a 99% chance that NO ONE would bug us out there.. so bring your brew.. or there is a Mercantile 7 miles from the lake.. if you don't mind the BFE price increase of an extra $1 for *anything* (stuff under $2 is only jacked up $.30-$.50) Arivaca is the closest thing to the wild west you'll see in Arizona.. except maybe Old Tucson Studios or Tombstone if you want the "story-book" version of the Wild West.

Anyway. Any other opinions or ideas where to go?

Arivaca Lake sounds great to me. All in favor, do the Banana Dance :banana: (had to ad that in since I just realized where it was). I'm off Fridays and Saturdays, so those are good days for me, but if another day is preferred, I can take it off.

:banana: for Eli and :banana: for Jessica. We would prefer to meet up in Tucson somewhere easy preferrably along the freeway (Maybe I-10 and Alvernon? This would allow "back-road" travel so we don't have to go on the 75mph freeway.) around 10 or 11 am and caravan to Arivaca, make a pit stop at the mercantile (Last point of civilization) and then caravan the rest of the way to the lake... times could be negotiable.. and if you couldn't make it for the caravan.. directions will be provided. We would like to camp out saturday night.. and come back up on Sunday morning or early afternoon. I'm voting on the 25th.. so we have time to plan and see who can make it. Keep the feedback coming!

You guys should load up on Los Bato's burritos and meet up on A mountain to tip 40oz'ers at dusk. Then cruize down 4th, maybe head over to Congress. Isn't it pub crawl season? Wish I could make it to Tucson for the meet!

Hey, is Freddy Strokes still on the air?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest shadow

I will be moving out to Tucson in a year or two depending on cirumstances, I would like to be in on attending and helping with future events once I'm out there. I'll be in Casa Grande at the end of July, but I won't have any of my Subies with me. Look forward to see how you guys do with a meet this year!

Guest shadow

I should be in the area from 26 July - 5 August. I am spending some time with familiy in the area but should have a lot of open time. We will be in Tucson some days scoping out apartments, the University, and real estate in the area.

well little roo is still down for the count. all i got is my bike. had surgery last week and have been confined to quarters all week. hopefully next month we could get together and the car will be over it's leaking a lot of oil stage. with luck i'll get some wrench time in this next weekend.

definately would like to go where there is some decent washes or obstacles to play on. hopefully i'll see you guys soon enough. i know i'm supposed to be in sierra vista on the 9th of july. not sure if i'll be in the subaru or the bike.

Semper Fidelis,

Jared

Phoenix.....the week of july 4th.......

since Austin left this a.m. for mpls and didn't need my help tailing him...my son and i are heading south july 2nd...down I-5 .....and since LA is having those figging earthquakes were hanging a left and going to the phoenix area..catch a couple rattlesnake games..err diamond back games sorry....oh well what ever:lol:

anyway.....i'll be drivin the H2...(my 93 legacy wagon..). would like give ya'll big seattle Howdy while were down there...then will head back to WCSS7 a few days from then.....

spark