Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Scored a 74 Transporter w/ EA-81/82 adapter

LostWater

Just as the subject line says, I scored a 74 VW trasnporter with a EA-82 engine bolted to a kennedy adapter already in it.

I have been planning on subifying one of my Westfalias for years now, and now I have the oppourtunity. The best thing... I only spent $300 for the whole shebang. The bus is just about rust free and the adapter alone would cost me $550. Of course I had to drive the 6 hiurs one way to get it and trailer it back, but that was little worry.

In the next weeke or two I plan on pulling the engine out of it and the adapter and then selling the transporter body.

I will take pics then.

Regards,

Mark

• 3 weeks later...

Sounds like a great score!

I am a bit curious about the EA-82 in the back end, did the guy have to

cut/bang/shoehorn it in? I suppose since it had a type4 motor in it, it may have had moree room than a type2 bus. Also interested in how the radiator was

mounted, front or back, and did it have any cooling problems???

Pics would be way cool :brow:

Cheers,

Chris

• 3 weeks later...

Great score! By the way, I have some VW Bus parts (salvaged from my '78 Bus) I'd like to give you. I'm moving from N. Va. to St. Louis, and this stuff hs been sitting around here for a few years for no good reason. PM me your address if you want the following:

2 almost-new German axles

1 almost-new Kenwood cassette radio pre-wired for the Bus

2 decent but not great speakers

fuel filter for carbed Subarus

1 new ball joint

1 1978 Bus owner's manual

I can FedEx this stuff to you from work.

Just as the subject line says, I scored a 74 VW transporter with a EA-82 engine bolted to a kennedy adapter already in it.

I have been planning on subifying one of my Westfalias for years now, and now I have the opportunity. The best thing... I only spent $300 for the whole shebang. The bus is just about rust free and the adapter alone would cost me $550. Of course I had to drive the 6 hours one way to get it and trailer it back, but that was little worry.

In the next week or two I plan on pulling the engine out of it and the adapter and then selling the transporter body.

I will take pics then.

Regards,

Mark