Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Rear Swing Gate Allied Armament

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Shadyirishmen

Shadyirishmen

Subaru Nut

• Members
  • 655 posts
  • Scappoose OR,

Posted 08 June 2005 - 06:15 PM

Allied Armament is proud to bring you yet another new product. The rear swing gate. http://alliedarmamen...m/Tailgate.html

Posted Image

We also have made many new improvements to our production facility and our website. The end result we have lowered the prices on many of our products. Our lift kits are now $400 http://alliedarmamen...om/LiftKit.html
Our bumpers Front and rear are $120 to $140 http://alliedarmamen...RearBumper.html . If you are a member of the USMB message board please say so and you will receive up to 10% off your purchase with Allied Armament (please reply with screenname for verification).

Thank You,

James Malarkey

Allied Armament www.alliedarmament.homestead.com

#2 baccaruda

baccaruda

YOUR FAVORITE MOD

• 6,942 posts
  • SpoVegas, WA

Posted 08 June 2005 - 06:27 PM

that's a great design!

You could easily put a swing on one side for a spare tire, and another on the other side for a jerry can. do the swing arms lock open?

#3 Shadyirishmen

Shadyirishmen

Subaru Nut

• Members
  • 655 posts
  • Scappoose OR,

Posted 08 June 2005 - 06:44 PM

No but if you specify that you would like it to hold open we could fab it in. ;)

that's a great design!

You could easily put a swing on one side for a spare tire, and another on the other side for a jerry can. do the swing arms lock open?

#4 Shadyirishmen

Shadyirishmen

Subaru Nut

• Members
  • 655 posts
  • Scappoose OR,

Posted 08 June 2005 - 08:20 PM

Bump

#5 Numbchux

Numbchux

EJ conversion addict

• Members
  • 5,994 posts
  • Duluth, MN

Posted 09 June 2005 - 12:44 AM

how about tow points? can I get the bumper now...and the swing later?

#6 Shadyirishmen

Shadyirishmen

Subaru Nut

• Members
  • 655 posts
  • Scappoose OR,

Posted 09 June 2005 - 12:54 AM

Yea no problem we offer rear bumpers on the website. We can throw some tow points in wherever you want them. Im gonna send you a PM.

how about tow points? can I get the bumper now...and the swing later?

#7 A DOG

A DOG

Subaru Ninjai for hire

• Members
  • 859 posts
  • Bozeman

Posted 09 June 2005 - 08:06 AM

How come the EA81 isnt getting any love.:-\

#8 erik litchy

erik litchy

Leadfoot

• Members
  • 1,090 posts
  • Peoria IL

Posted 09 June 2005 - 09:11 AM

thats sweet looking. does the rear plate need to be relocated? from that angle its hard to tell.

#9 Shadyirishmen

Shadyirishmen

Subaru Nut

• Members
  • 655 posts
  • Scappoose OR,

Posted 09 June 2005 - 10:34 AM

Dont worry, we make swing gates for both models :clap:

How come the EA81 isnt getting any love.:-\

#10 TheSubaruJunkie

TheSubaruJunkie

I'M BAAAAAACK!

• Members
  • 1,921 posts
  • Sacramento

Posted 09 June 2005 - 02:59 PM

Only suggestion i can give would be to put some plate under each rear tail light to take some of that gap.

Other than that, they look great.

-Brian

#11 SkankinPickle

SkankinPickle

Eat, Live, Breath Fuji

• Members
  • 372 posts
  • Sammamish, WA

Posted 09 June 2005 - 03:34 PM

yeah, exactly what Brian said, maybe made out of metal or have some plastic pieces made to bolt on to the bumper.

or on second thought take your old plastic bumper and take a hack saw or something to make a clean cut to it and use your old bumper to make end caps.
Then have the bumper come with threads and the matching bolts.

as for EA-81, could i send you the stock end caps from the '82 and earlier wagons as well as the ones for the EA-81 hatchback to assist in making the AA bumper fit our old cars with the stock end caps? that would be awesome!

#12 baccaruda

baccaruda

YOUR FAVORITE MOD

• 6,942 posts
  • SpoVegas, WA

Posted 09 June 2005 - 10:13 PM

the end cap section on the 85/86 EA82 bumper would benefit from some sort of subframe to give it some support, which the stock bumper lacks. and cupholder indents too :drunk:

#13 Shadyirishmen

Shadyirishmen

Subaru Nut

• Members
  • 655 posts
  • Scappoose OR,

Posted 10 June 2005 - 12:59 AM

We can do whatever you guys want. For the most part we are just trying to keep the cost down but whatever accessories or added benefits you want we can do.

James Malarkey

Allied Armament www.alliedarmament.com

#14 Forester_Ranger

Forester_Ranger

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 216 posts
  • Springfield, Oregon

Posted 10 June 2005 - 03:36 AM

You got allot of cool stuff on your website for the older subs. You planning on making anything for newer subs. I'm looking to getting off-road gear for my 98 Forester. I'm interested in heavy duty bumpers front and rear with brush guards, reciever front and rear for winch. As well as tow hooks and swing out tire and jerry can carrier. Also interested in getting a 4 inch body lift to go with my 2" suspension lift.

#15 chef_tim

chef_tim

Romans 5:8

• Members
  • 4,780 posts
  • Renner, SD

Posted 10 June 2005 - 12:49 PM

Hey James, your web-site is comming along really nicely. It was quite barron to start and now it is great to surf around on. Keep up the good work, Tim

#16 MorganM

MorganM

Do you Subaru?

• Members
  • 8,390 posts
  • TwinCities

Posted 10 June 2005 - 01:16 PM

We can do whatever you guys want.

Offroad events and parks require tow points that pass tech inspection. 1/2" grade 8 bolt on tow hooks. Screw in clevis is acceptable as long as where it's mounted is again secured with grade 8 1/2" bolts. What I did was bolt on my custom bumper using the proper bolts and attached the a 3/4" clevis to the bumper and I've passed several tech inspections now.

Food for thought when building offroad bumpers :)

#17 SkankinPickle

SkankinPickle

Eat, Live, Breath Fuji

• Members
  • 372 posts
  • Sammamish, WA

Posted 10 June 2005 - 03:04 PM

yeah James, hella cool stuff you're puttin out.
We all have many great words of gratitude in that you have taken this on.

#18 soobmater

soobmater

Got Mud?

• Members
  • 1,668 posts
  • South Bend

Posted 10 June 2005 - 03:49 PM

You make some pretty cool stuff there. i might get a set of regular bumpers from you. i really like the looks of them and very reasonable prices :) i will have to save up for them tho. my house is pretty bad right now. just got major paycut. i ll try and get them o..... around agust if i can. Possiblie earlier

#19 Numbchux

Numbchux

EJ conversion addict

• Members
  • 5,994 posts
  • Duluth, MN

Posted 10 June 2005 - 04:48 PM

Offroad events and parks require tow points that pass tech inspection. 1/2" grade 8 bolt on tow hooks. Screw in clevis is acceptable as long as where it's mounted is again secured with grade 8 1/2" bolts. What I did was bolt on my custom bumper using the proper bolts and attached the a 3/4" clevis to the bumper and I've passed several tech inspections now.

Food for thought when building offroad bumpers :)

Check! I've been in touch with him, and he's making my rear bumper with a legal tow point on it!

and I'll have archemitis do my front one like yours. then I should be set!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users