Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

lost keyless entry remote, alarm is going off help

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 smoke_10_10

smoke_10_10

New User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • michigan

Posted 13 June 2005 - 05:10 PM

I have unhooked the negitive battery cable to stop the alarm but now when I reconnect the power the security setting in my 1996 subaru outback legacy causes a slow flash from the turn signals similar to the hazard lights. The original recommended technique is to use the keyless entry remote, but since I do not have this, does anyone know if there is a reset switch and if there is one what does it look like and where exactly is the switch located. without resetting this, the car will continually lose battery power.

Thanks in advance the help

#2 brus brother

brus brother

Subaru Master

• Members
  • 1,882 posts
  • Connecticut

Posted 13 June 2005 - 05:25 PM

http://www.cars101.c...program remotes
Try this link and search your model. If it is a factory installation, it shows where the security switch is located and I think you have to do some routine with your key... or was it you do the hokey pokey...

#3 Sweet82

Sweet82

Elite Master of the Subaru

• Members
  • 3,266 posts
  • Salt Lake City

Posted 14 June 2005 - 11:33 AM

Ebay is a great place for remotes...

My car didn't come with any so I got them off Ebay for $10.

(then I found out my car didn't come with the factory installed keyless system) :-\

((then I got the factory keyless off ebay)) :D

Oh ya Welcome to the Board!

Glenn,
82 SubaruHummer--no remotes or keys!
01 Forester--ebay remotes and keyless.

#4 Cougar

Cougar

Elite Master of the Subaru

• Members
  • 6,340 posts
  • Anchorage

Posted 14 June 2005 - 11:57 AM

I'm not sure if this will work for your model or not. You could try turning the ignition on and off three times with the drivers door open. I think that is what I needed to do on my '01 Outback.

#5 rcoaster

rcoaster

H6 Power!

• Members
  • 502 posts
  • Rochester, NY

Posted 14 June 2005 - 03:35 PM

I'm not sure if this will work for your model or not. You could try turning the ignition on and off three times with the drivers door open. I think that is what I needed to do on my '01 Outback.

Nope. That won't work. The 96 uses a Code Alarm system, while your 01 uses an Apline, I beleive. Just look under the dash for a button, near the fuse panel. Hold in this button while turning the ingition key to ON. That should disable the alarm.

RCoaster.

#6 brus brother

brus brother

Subaru Master

• Members
  • 1,882 posts
  • Connecticut

Posted 14 June 2005 - 04:26 PM

This is from the link I gave previously...
Programming or Overriding the Alarm when you have lost the remote

Open driver's door.
Turn ignition key to 'On'
Press and *hold programming button* in (see diagram, button under dashboard)
After 15 seconds the the door locks will cycle 3 times. Do not release Programming button
Press lock (left) button the remotes to be programmed. The door locks will cycle one time.
Exit programming mode by releasing Programming button under dashboard and turning key to off.

Posted ImageCode Alarm Programming Button is under dashboard on the kick panel by the driver's left knee, left of the steering column. If you can't find it, it might still be tucked up in the wiring harness higher up in that same general area. The botton is recessed in a plastic ring (see diagram).

#7 rizzo

rizzo

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts
  • Providence

Posted 20 June 2005 - 05:06 PM

i'm not sure how to completely disable it... but to stop it from beeping, unlock the driver's door with the key. that seems to stop 90% of the car alarms i've had go off on me (and the kid's across the street who had his going off for about 15 min before i got annoyed and ran out there and told him what to do).

#8 Olnick

Olnick

Ol' Subaru Guy

• Members
  • 2,580 posts
  • Honolulu HI

Posted 20 June 2005 - 11:52 PM

Hey, Rizzo--did you also tell him where to go to do it?!!

#9 rizzo

rizzo

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts
  • Providence

Posted 21 June 2005 - 07:44 AM

Hey, Rizzo--did you also tell him where to go to do it?!!

i was nice this time, they were clueless and very thankful... but next time their friends come and sit outside their house honking the horn instead of ringing the doorbell or sit out there with their god awful music (usually some form of rap) blasting and shaking my house... i might flip.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users