Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Rear headrests for 2000 Legacy L Wagon

I am looking at buying a 2000 Legacy L wagon that doesn't have headrests in the back seats. The dealer tells me that headrests are not an option for the rear seats, but I've seen webpages on line that lead me to believe they are. Does anyone know for sure, or know where I might go for a definitive answer?

I'll be trading in my 95 Impreza wagon <sniff, sniff>, but at 10 years and 190K miles old, it's probably time.......

Thanks in advance.....

Diane

My 2000 Legacy GT wagon came with three removable headrests. Initially, I removed the middle one for visibility and recently the other ones were removed in order to flatten the seats all the way forward for lugging things around.

See if there are holes in the top of the seats where the headrests would have been inserted. It might be that the L model wasn't concerned with whiplash for rear passengers.

If the holes are in the seats, I'd try bargaining down the dealer on price.

After additional web research, I am beginning to suspect that it's actually a Brighton model, not an L. The dealer is double-checking the VIN number to be sure, (he assumed it was an L because it has power windows) but everything I've found says that the L model started putting in rear headrests in 2000, and coincidentally the Brighton added power windows that year also. He's supposed to call me back - we'll see..... Unfortunately, the headrests don't seem to be available for the Brighton.

I love the internet!!! :D

Diane