Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Hi everybody

acousticimagery

Hi everybody, I just joined to get some info on engines/gearboxes for a trike design which is, as yet, only in my head.

Anyone with thoughts on using the engine/gearbox as a mid-engine layout using the front wheel output shafts only.

Questions:-

1. Could I use a 4WD box? and if so, what do I do with the rear output shaft? Maybe I could fit a propeller! for more thrust!! (joke)

2. Because me and the passenger would be sitting in front of and on the engine, where would the radiator best be fitted?

3. Can any body give me a brief rundown of the available engines- carb and FI. I think turbos would be a no-no under the seat!!!

4. Finally, for now, anyone any idea how quick the trike would go?, assuming it's feasible.

Before I go, check this out at http://www.members.optusnet.com.au/~aedennis/Forester/ATV.htm How mad is the Kiwi who built this?:banghead:

Welcome to the board!

I think some of the information your looking for is available via the "Search" button.

Try searching this forum for "trike" and you'll find a handfull of threads relating to this.

I think any EA81 or EA82 motor has good possibilities for your application.

Good Luck,

Glenn

82 SubaruHummer

01 Forester