Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Me vs Modded WRX!

Well I finally got to run a guy from work today on the way home, I've been trying to get him to run me ever since I got my GL up and running again with the rebuild.

He's got a 2005 WRX Sedan 5-speed with AEM Cold Air Intake, Perrin Devoirced Catless Turbo Downpipe, 3-inch Perrin Stanless polished Exhaust, Catless Turbo Uppipe, and a manual boost controller set around 17psi.

We found a deserted road with no one around out in the boonies:

The roads were really wet when we ran, we both lined up and on GREEN I dumped the clutch at 4000rpm in 4WD HIGH, On the launch I was just spinning the tires like crazy but still managed to stay EVEN with him all the way through 1st gear, then I hit 2nd and the race was on :) Half way through 2nd he started pulling away, end of 2nd he had me by about 1/2half a car, then I hit 3rd and he walked away by about 2 cars, we shut it down at that point. We then ran again from a 40mph roll but I miss shifted and he got me good that time. All in all I'm really happy with the results and he was really impressed that I could hang with him with my Stock Turbo@10psi, stock intake, stock exhaust.

I can't wait until I get the TD04 in with the TMIC :) Then its on!

If it was dry I could have done much better since I could not get traction at all for the first 60feet or so.

hey thats nice to hear that an older suby still gots it going. now whens the next race?

I'll keep you all posted, it will prolly be at PIR since I would like to film it and get some timeslips and make some passes to see what I can really do.

I didnt miss the part where you mentioned the roads were wet. And even in 4WD all 4 tires couldnt even get traction.

The roads could have been deserted, but there was one other driver on the street with you. The WRX, and it only takes one stupid mistake.... well, nevermind. Im not your dad.

-Brian

1- its apparent your friend has no clue about safely modding his WRX.

2 - street racing is bad and has no place here. Maybe Clubsi would be a better place for it

3 - keep it on the track

4 - locked.