Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Yokohama Avid Touring Tires... Not For Offroad Use

Andyjo

I learned this the hard way today up in Vermont. I thought i could just drive down the median and turn around in the soaking wet grass/mud. With my snow tires.. no big deal... but ohhh man grass & mud was flying everywhere :grin: Luckily i managed to get a tiny bit of traction and pop back onto the road. Oops!

Also! I obtained some Forester Rims today, 4 of them! only problem is that 1 is trashed (see picture...)

bentrim.jpg

All the other wheels are fine, and are have Cooper Lifeliner Classic II's on them.... yeah..:rolleyes: i'm looking to replace them with something beefy and gnarly for some off-road action :brow: Anyone have any luck w/ 16 inchers off the road?

I'm not saying it was offroading, i'm saying that from this experience, not on the road, i'm sure they would suck offroading. Sorry for the confusion :-p

I think the tire on the trashed rim might be ok... the inside of the rim gave out, so there's a hole right through it! i don't really have any good pics of that.. maybe tomorrow

• 2 weeks later...

I ground my front calipers 1/4" to fit 15" rims on then mounted a set of Yokohama GeolanderAT+II's(215/75R15) awesome offroad traction!!!

You could get WRX or STI 4pots(calipers) but you'll have to finda a 15" wheel to fit over them. Speedline corsa.....Vermont racing.

If they're not AT or MT tires your asking for trouble....

I need more wheels! i have 3 16" forester wheels, 3 15" steel wheels, and 1 15" alloy :rolleyes:

For tires i've got some 4 15" Avid Touring's, 4 15" dunlop snow tires, and 3 16" coopers on the forester wheels.

hmm.....

those numbers don't match up very well :brow: