Ultimate Subaru Message Board

help spark plug promblem 91 loyale wagon

i was giving my car its first tuneup well that

was a big mistake. when i pulled the last spark plug out i noticed that the plug was different from the others it was bigger than the other ones i thought i was losing it but sure enough it was. i came to conclusion that someone must have broke a plug before and drilled it out and tap it with new threads

also i forgot to tell you that when i pulled that last plug there was some kind of rubber on it like gasket sealer maybe

so i put the old plug back in but the car wont start.

can anyone shed any light on this promblem

please help.

You may have inadvertantly disconnected something while working under the hood. To see if the ignition is working use an old spark plug or remove one from the cylinder and place it on a good engine ground point. Then try starting the car and watch for spark on the plug. If you do have spark, is there a possibility you could have mixed up the firing order of the wires?

#1 cylinder is hte front piston on the passenger side.

firing order is 1-3-4-2 rotation is counterclockwise, #1 on the cap is the one towards the back to the right of the clip/screw, and in the general direction of the brake master cylinder

hope this helps maybe you got some wires backwards. dont forget to connect the coil wire!

firing order is 1-3-4-2 rotation is counterclockwise, #1 on the cap is the one towards the back to the right of the clip/screw, and in the general direction of the brake master cylinder

hope this helps maybe you got some wires backwards. dont fo0rget to connect the coil wire!

you dont have a piture of fire order do you or can you explain fire order in more detail

You may have inadvertantly disconnected something while working under the hood. To see if the ignition is working use an old spark plug or remove one from the cylinder and place it on a good engine ground point. Then try starting the car and watch for spark on the plug. If you do have spark, is there a possibility you could have mixed up the firing order of the wires?

yes i tried your test and i do have spark on all wires but it still wont start

hope this helps maybe you got some wires backwards. dont forget to connect the coil wire!

do you know the fire order on the block ?

Firing order is 1-3-4-2 as was mentioned. The cylinders on the passenger side are 1 and 3 from front to back of the engine. The others are 2 and 4 respectively.

On the wires for my '88 the numbers for the positions were labled on the wires. Not sure if you have that on yours or not. If they have been changed then they won't be marked.

E Y is correct

think of two boxers facing each other

first one (pass side head) throws two punches leading with his right

other counters

obviously

leading with his left

into the open court

hope this helps

• 7 months later...