Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

How can I dissarm alarm using key only?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 rezmutt

rezmutt

New User

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • White Mountain Apache Rez

Posted 10 September 2003 - 11:20 PM

Concerning my 98 OBW with a factory-installed alarm:

I'm pretty sure this topic has been gone over a number of times, but I tend to be slow to catch on. Problem: My wife goes to the local Wal*Mart, and lockes the car with her remote as usual. Coming out with a cartfull, her remote does not unlock the door, nor dissarm the alarm. She remembers that her keys got drenched in a deluge earlier in the day, and assumes the remote is shot. So, she unlocks the driver's door with her key, opens it, and sets off the alarm. The alarm blares unceasingly, gathering stares. Thankfully, no local hero tackled her and placed her under citizen's arrest; I guess a young pregnant second grade teacher does not fit the profile of a car thief.

Anyway.

She called me and asked what to do. I told her to disconnect the negative terminal, and I'd come up with my remote. In frustration, she banged her remote on the roof rack, tried it again, and it worked.

What if it didn't start working again? According to my owner's manual, I should be able to dissarm the alarm with the key alone, but have not been able to do it. Is it something I can fix, or do I resort to banging the remote on the roof rack in frustration?

Peace,

#2 Flowmastered87GL

Flowmastered87GL

WCSS Drunk

• Members
  • 6,110 posts
  • Portland, Oregon

Posted 11 September 2003 - 12:10 AM

I think I heard something (depending on model) about either pressing a button under teh dash with the key in the ON position or turning the key from LOCK to ON, LOCK to ON, LOCK to ON (3 times) within 2 seconds.

#3 AKIRA

AKIRA

USMB Reverend

• Members
  • 618 posts
  • Jersey Shore (Central) PA

Posted 12 September 2003 - 08:01 PM

the button under the dash is right.
I don't know about the lock3 thing

#4 rezmutt

rezmutt

New User

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • White Mountain Apache Rez

Posted 12 September 2003 - 10:43 PM

With an amount of tinkering, I got it figured out. I unlock driver's door, open door (alarm sounds), turn ignition to ON, push under-dash button once, alarm dissarms.

Very nice to know in case the remote quits or gets lost.

Thanks for the leads.

Peace,

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users