Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Need a car shipped

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Twowagons

Twowagons

Eat, Live, Breath Subaru

• Members
  • 324 posts
  • Montgomery

Posted 18 June 2005 - 08:50 AM

Does anyone have a friend or know someone in the car shipping business??? I want to ship from Arizona to Vermont or Conn. and the prices are outragous $$$$$$. If anyone can help I would appreciate it, Thanks Trudy

#2 erik litchy

erik litchy

Leadfoot

• Members
  • 1,090 posts
  • Peoria IL

Posted 18 June 2005 - 09:25 AM

id call a lot of used car dealers and see what company they use. im sure there is someone alerady heading out that way. lots of times when i worked at the ford dealer when the trailer was full they would use a driver and the cars that didnt fit on it would have to follow along. but that was using the cheapest service they could get.

#3 Seahag1978

Seahag1978

1000+ Super USER!

• Members
  • 1,387 posts
  • Witch City

Posted 18 June 2005 - 09:38 AM

Trudy,
Find an old car club forum and get recommendations from them. They seem to know where to get safe, reasonable shipping. I learned this after my shipping fiasco.

It was a nightmare. The driver had an emotional meltdown and was holding all the cars, he threatened that I would never see the car again. I had to report the car stolen before I finally got it a month later.
Research the shipper very carefully.
Good luck!
Mary

#4 Erik R

Erik R

Crazy about Sube's

• Members
  • 193 posts
  • Cameron Park, CA.

Posted 18 June 2005 - 12:24 PM

Try posting your request here: http://www.yesterday...in/haulquery.plYeah, it's a tractor site; but sometimes these guys need a "backhaul" so they don't have to "deadhead" all the way home.

I sold a truck a few years ago and my buyer was able to get it hauled for about half the going rate...check it out :) .

#5 SuBrat84

SuBrat84

What's REALLY going on???

• Members
  • 1,520 posts
  • Tucson

Posted 18 June 2005 - 12:29 PM

Is it something drivable? or is that wagon up in Dolan Springs??

#6 Twowagons

Twowagons

Eat, Live, Breath Subaru

• Members
  • 324 posts
  • Montgomery

Posted 18 June 2005 - 03:52 PM

The wagon in Dolan Springs.

#7 SuBrat84

SuBrat84

What's REALLY going on???

• Members
  • 1,520 posts
  • Tucson

Posted 18 June 2005 - 03:59 PM

how much is too much to spend on shipping? Maybe I can set up a road trip to haul it out to you?

#8 Twowagons

Twowagons

Eat, Live, Breath Subaru

• Members
  • 324 posts
  • Montgomery

Posted 18 June 2005 - 11:25 PM

how much is too much to spend on shipping? Maybe I can set up a road trip to haul it out to you?

PM sent

#9 ballitch

ballitch

Certified Subaru Nut

• Members
  • 999 posts
  • Salem, OR

Posted 18 June 2005 - 11:38 PM

i priced out a car to be shipped form Montana to Oregon, the bill was going to be like $900 for like 800 miles........needless to say i didnt get the car shipped here or buy it for that matter.

~Josh~

#10 sregor13

sregor13

Eat, Live, Breath Subaru

• Members
  • 345 posts
  • Lander

Posted 18 June 2005 - 11:39 PM

I used this guy Tom at Iron Horse Transport. He was great to work with and saved me a few hundred dollars. He is not listed on the Web, but I trust him more than anyone on the Web. His number is 407-876-3501. I dont know how often he checks his email. But I have known him to answer my calls on Sunday. He is real good about getting back in touch with you and everything else. Anyways he can list you car on a site that thousands of Truckers look at. You can set the amount you want to spend and truckers will either take the Job or not. He can explain all the details. I will just add that he was able to get my car moved in one day. The other places said it would take close to 3 Weeks. Almost to weeks to get it picked up and another 7-10 Days to get it delivered. Anyways that is an option.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users