Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I changed my fuel filter today and it went pretty smoothy. I didn't use the car since yesterday, but I turned on the power to bring my windows down and I guess that caused the fuel pump to pressurize. After opening the gas cap, all of the spilling stopped.

Now for my question - how much gas is usually in the old filter and what do you do with it? Can it be poured back into the tank or should it be thrown out? Also, should I reset the ECU but disconnecting the battery so it can re-learn with the new filter or should everything stay the same.

Thanx,

Pete

Just dump the old filters fuel into your drain pan of your next oil change. Or into the container you put used oil.

There is no need to reset the computer for a fuel filter.

Peter S

I changed my fuel filter today and it went pretty smoothy. I didn't use the car since yesterday, but I turned on the power to bring my windows down and I guess that caused the fuel pump to pressurize. After opening the gas cap, all of the spilling stopped.

Now for my question - how much gas is usually in the old filter and what do you do with it? Can it be poured back into the tank or should it be thrown out? Also, should I reset the ECU but disconnecting the battery so it can re-learn with the new filter or should everything stay the same.

Thanx,

Pete