Ultimate Subaru Message Board

idle of a brumby

im from australia and have a subaru brumby, i think you guys call them brats, yeah? i was just wondering about adjusting the idle, it currently runs on gas not petroleum and it is idling really low and stalling when you take your foot off the accelerator, is the idle screw facing the front just underneath the air cleaner or is that the auto choke adjuster?

im from australia and have a subaru brumby, i think you guys call them brats, yeah? i was just wondering about adjusting the idle, it currently runs on gas not petroleum and it is idling really low and stalling when you take your foot off the accelerator, is the idle screw facing the front just underneath the air cleaner or is that the auto choke adjuster?

the idle screw does face the front and is situated on the drivers side of the carb, long screw between carb body and cable pulley but be sure to check your engine tune first, (timing, etc), before adjusting this as bad tune will also affect your idle.

Hi there, I'm from Maitland:). Never thought i'd find someone this close to me.

Does it run smoothly on the unloaded but rough on the LPG? Anyway, i have NFI... I just wanted to say hello.

Yeah, Brats = Brumby, XT = Vortex, Loyale = Leone, Legacy = Liberty, from what i have worked out.