Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Getting Old

Fugly, I'm on dial-up now. Ed may be right, I got an e-mail from Isomedia telling me that Verizon is having problems disconnecting my DSL, but my DSL should work until the 12th. Do you think I'd be on dial-up if my DSL worked?? DUH!!!! So the long road journey begins.

Trust me, Verizon the phone company knows diddly about DSL; and Verizon the ISP can't work the 'phone centrals.....And they don't talk to each other either!!

Fugly, I'm on dial-up now. Ed may be right, I got an e-mail from Isomedia telling me that Verizon is having problems disconnecting my DSL, but my DSL should work until the 12th. Do you think I'd be on dial-up if my DSL worked?? DUH!!!! So the long road journey begins.

hmmm... i didn't know you can't run more then 4 transformers... i am running 5... with no problems...

just for fun... i am running a wireless 4 port router connecting to 2 comps my brothers laptop and soon my laptop... all 3 are wireless... while i'm running a LAN to my second 4 port router with LANs to my xbox and extra spots for my friends xboxs... i have had 3 xbox's running at the same time through this set up... no problems... although my dad trying to check his stocks was slowed to a crawl...:grin:

mmmmm... DSL... tasty...:slobber::D

Try cable; you'll never go back to DSL. However, I'm glad you're back online.
Ed, I though you were somewhere up on Vancouver Island, you back home so soon?

Don't think I'll try cable, too many people in my area using it, besides, I'm only one of two people on the circuit that Verizon has me on, so it never gets slow.

No I'm still on Vancouver Island. The campground has internet...Yea I know roughing it is tough. I'll lose it tomorrow morning however since we're packing up and leaving for Duncan early in the morning and won't have internet there unless I find it in town somewhere. I'll likely not be on until we get back home on Monday. ---ed---

Ed, I though you were somewhere up on Vancouver Island, you back home so soon?

Don't think I'll try cable, too many people in my area using it, besides, I'm only one of two people on the circuit that Verizon has me on, so it never gets slow.

Satelight is good for downloads. Pictures and movies load pretty fast. Execpt during thick snowstorms. I went out and swept off the dish more times than I can count this winter. Pretty much all the ways of being online get schooled by the connection at my high school. I belive its a T1 line going to an in house router? It is smoking fast. you click and BAM you're at the link.