Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I'm driving down the highway today and see a grill that is completely unfamiliar too me. My emotions were strong toward the design. Strong enough that I slowed down enough to let the guy catch up with me.

I had no idea what it was until I saw the logo on the back. The new B9...

I must say that not since the Aztec rolled onto showroom floors have I ever seen something so ugly on America's roads. To think that Suburu intends to ruin the great WRX with it next year...

The back is even worse than the front.

From the side, it's not bad. I have no idea what the interior is going to look like or feel like.

Thankfully, the Suburu name is better than Pontiac, and may actually be able to sell a few of these. (Maybe even one or two more than the Saaburu 9-2x that can't seem to get traction....)

I give this two model years before the grill is sold to Weber for hamburgers... It's awful....

There is counseling available for things like this!!! :eek:

Please get help soon. Don't put it off or say I can get over it by myself.

See a licensed professional as soon as you can. Don't give up!

You could be scarred for life!

Don't knock it till you try it. :)

The outside leaves lots to be desired, but the interior is awesome. This is the first Subaru that I've seen with a truely high-end interior design. Oh, and that 7 passenger thing, yeah... only if 2 of the people are under 8 and don't mind being cramped. The thrid row of seats is a joke.

I'm driving down the highway today and see a grill that is completely unfamiliar too me. My emotions were strong toward the design. Strong enough that I slowed down enough to let the guy catch up with me.

I had no idea what it was until I saw the logo on the back. The new B9...

I must say that not since the Aztec rolled onto showroom floors have I ever seen something so ugly on America's roads. To think that Suburu intends to ruin the great WRX with it next year...

The back is even worse than the front.

From the side, it's not bad. I have no idea what the interior is going to look like or feel like.

Thankfully, the Suburu name is better than Pontiac, and may actually be able to sell a few of these. (Maybe even one or two more than the Saaburu 9-2x that can't seem to get traction....)

I give this two model years before the grill is sold to Weber for hamburgers... It's awful....

Based on sales per week, its already outselling what the 92x did in the same time period. I agree.. Its uglier than hell on the outside, but the inside is what sells it.

BTW.. Its spelled SUBARU;)

The interior is a mess. I dunno what you people are talking about.

Here's some pics for reference:

000_0153.thumb.jpg

That center design is... just... weird. I don't find it useable. I'm one of those purists who likes how everything was in the 90's: packed-together and organized.

000_0152.thumb.jpg

Okay, but I like the new Legacy dash much better.

000_0155.thumb.jpg

I don't see much of any more space in this car that I don't see in my grandfather's 93 Legacy Wagon.

My problem is I'm pretty much the antithesis of the average car buyer. Stuff other people hate, I love; and stuff other people love, I hate.

I just hope that new grill is a disaster for the new Impreza and consequently doesn't spread to the rest of the Subaru line.

some pics:

000_0153.thumb.jpg

Hey, very art-deco with a bit of Edsel pucker. Kinda reminds me of a Dali painting. :cool:

000_0152.thumb.jpg

Those portholes recall a '40s vintage Buick.

000_0155.thumb.jpg

I don't see much of any more space in this car that I don't see in my grandfather's 93 Legacy Wagon.

I did see one on the entry ramp ahead of me this AM here (with dealer plates). Sizewise, if you get beyond the elevator shoes, it looks like an Outback so your space comment is probably on the mark.

Seemed to have good power and acceleration; bugger took right off and headed for the horizon before I even merged into the traffic.

I sat in one today at the dealership.

If you like lots of nice, shiny headlamps then this is the rig for you!

If you like a "third" row of usless "seats" taking up usable space, this is your rig!

If you like to smoke, this rig is not for you: It has no ashtrays!

I'm guessing Subaru figures soccer moms don't smoke. Still, its nice to have something to dump change into.

Darn! I didn't even bother to look at the MSRP! How much are these things going for?

Juan

I saw one while going to my last final exam at school... needless to say, I ran over 6 small school children that were crossing the street, AND puked all over the inside of the jeep's windshield.

consensus: B9 tribeca fell out of the top of the Ugly Tree and hit every branch on the way down.

Subaru has produced the world's first AWD mini mini-van with a third seat for the dog. What could be sweeter? I mean, it's got a full-size spare tucked under it?

Oh, bye the way, how long will it take for me not to be a 'new user'? Am I on some sort of probation during which I may be discharged without cause?

Juan

the times they are a changin

I remember when Dodge came out with the new line of truck, and when Jeep introduced the new Wrangler. Hated them both at first but they grew on me. i could probably come up with a list of automotive design changes that I didnt like at first, but after seeing them around for a while they just became the norm.

the times they are a changin

I remember when Dodge came out with the new line of truck, and when Jeep introduced the new Wrangler. Hated them both at first but they grew on me. i could probably come up with a list of automotive design changes that I didnt like at first, but after seeing them around for a while they just became the norm.

Actually, if you want to talk about hideous designs I saw Chevrolet's replacement for the Venture recently. They went from a neatly sloped front to one that looks like a bastard cross between a van and a Hummer; that front end is just too bulky looking.

We'll see what happens long term. FWIW, I am starting to see lots of the "fugly" new Chev. models on the streets around here. The Tribeca might just end up fitting that mold despite us.

Oh, bye the way, how long will it take for me not to be a 'new user'? Am I on some sort of probation during which I may be discharged without cause?

Juan

It's actually on automatic. But you can go to your personnal prefs and write there anything you want.

Darn! I didn't even bother to look at the MSRP! How much are these things going for?

Juan

Between $31k-$36k, which would also buy you a Lexus, Honda Pilot, or even a low-end BMW AWD wagon. Plus, if you bought one of those vehicles, you'd save a lot of money b/c you wouldn't be buying paper bags to wear over your head.

File this under "what were they thinking?" :banghead: