Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Isn't there a Mercedes that has the mail truck look as well?

PS The Tribecca is definitely NOT for me.

Oh, have to agree! The Element and what's that other box with wheels I've seen lately, a sion.. scion... something like that? They even make the Tribeca semi-tolerable.

Isn't there a Mercedes that has the mail truck look as well?

PS The Tribecca is definitely NOT for me.

Yeah, the G class. If I had $80,000 to buy a Mercedes with, it wouldnt be one as ugly as that, even if every rap artist has one (which they do).

I saw one in a stealership in LA the other day ( I came in to get a thermostat as my coolant was breaking down), and gave it a good once over. I actually like it, despite the grille that makes so many of you so angry. the inside is fairly nice, and the instrument cluster is way cool. I give the grille a few years before the public demands that it be dropped for a more traditional grille. for the 40K asking price, you still get a lot of goodies with it. Too bad the rated milage and power are so bad on it (according to the dealer, it really needs a turbo. maybe next year) I would buy one if I had the money.

Sorry, guys... But the Tribeca is THE UGLIEST waste of metal I have EVER seen in my life... I certainly hope this is some kind of sick joke by the Subaru manufacturers...

By the way, at first glance, I thought I was looking at a Nissan Murano... Way to stand out from the crowd, Subaru. This car will forever be referred to from my mouth as the "rebadged Murano with an uglier grill." I really don't even know if Subaru designed this themselves or if they just broke into Nissan's headquarters on night...

I'm thoroughly disgusted with this vehicle. I haven't driven one, and I would rather keep it that way. Subaru has awesome vehicles like the Legacy, Impreza, Forester, and Outback. Why would they do something like this, especially after redesigning their lineup? The B9 is a nice way to overshadow ANYTHING good that Subaru has ever put out, and if that's not what they were looking for, then there must be some pretty thick-headed people heading up the company.

I saw this car for the first time this afternoon on my way to work. I went to the Subaru dealership on my break, praying that the Subaru emblem I saw on the grille was my mind playing tricks on me. Unfortunately, I wasn't having a bad dream...

That's about all I can say, unless you want to read more rambling and ranting... I haven't owned a Subaru in several years, and never have bought a new one, but Subaru has always been my favorite manufacturer, but they're doing a good job of throwing my positive opinion about them down the drain...

While I have already given my thumbs down on the new grill on the Tribecca, I saw the same at the JDM website on the Imprezza and it doesn't seem as ridiculous in that scale... I think it's a matter of contributing to the overall esthetic imbalance on the Tribecca.

Now, some of the other Subaru models on the site, apparently not US available, such as the Sambar and Pleo leave me totally perplexed and unimpressed style wise.

well if the popular consensus of this car is any indication of how well (or not well) this car will sell, then folks who WANT to buy this car may be in for a treat. I figure after the initial frenzy of folks who want the car buy this car for the first few months, dealers will start to see tribecas sitting on their lots for longer and longer periods of time. This may lead to factory incentives as well as motivated dealers trying to unload this car.

I admit the grill is a little hard to overlook. but for some $$ off the sticker, I could become "blind." Besides, as the driver, I never have to look at the grill. It may turn into an advantage- just imagine me pulling up behind you on the highway and you see this monsterous grill coming at you in your rearview mirror. you might say, "whoa, what's that??? Yikes, I'd better move out of the way before that snout eats me up!!"

I know I'm in the minority, but I like the car. If I wasn't already buying a different car, I'd seriously consider buying it some time next year.

The Honda Pilot does not come with a functional ash tray. It has a drawer with a sticker in it that says "NOT AN ASH TRAY" A real ash tray is optional.

That's funny. Pay extra for a functional ashtray? What is this world coming to? How much extra would that set me back on the Pilot?

Heard today that the grill on the B9 is meant to represent Subaru's aviation heretige. I bet the WWII fighters they built had ashtrays. They did build fighter planes, didn't they? Please tell me they made fighter planes.

Juan

An ash try can come in handy for small bits, but the one in my 05 OBW was a small thing, and was made to pop out and leave a functional space for stuff.

As for having one in the first place, with 400 thousand people dying from smoking related lung cancer, an ashtray left out of a production car is a good thing. Time for more people to get the picture.

Only realized the other day that my 00 has a "dummy" cig lighter in the ash tray. I guess the "dummy" is appropriate for smokers who haven't realized that, once lit, the cigarette smokes all by itself and the human component is relegated to "sucker" (I am a former sucker).

An ash try can come in handy for small bits, but the one in my 05 OBW was a small thing, and was made to pop out and leave a functional space for stuff.

As for having one in the first place, with 400 thousand people dying from smoking related lung cancer, an ashtray left out of a production car is a good thing. Time for more people to get the picture.

Juan--FYI, FHI, the parent company of Subaru, began as Nakajima Aircraft back around the time of World War I. Was perhaps Japan's most innovative designer and builder of airplanes. They created the "Oscar" fighter used in WWII and a wide variety of other fighters, bombers and transports. Also built Japan's first jet fighter, the "Kikka", based on concepts and plans provided by Messershmitt in Nazi Germany. The jet made its maiden flight over Tokyo Bay in August 1945, just days before the atomic bomb was dropped ending the war. All miltary work ended immediately. of course, and Nakajima eventually arose from the ashes as Fuji Heavy Industries. And the rest--as they say--is history.

But how that ugly grill "represents" their aviation history is beyond me!