Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

What do Used Webers go for???

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 vodoobrat

vodoobrat

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts
  • Meridian,Idaho

Posted 11 September 2003 - 05:03 PM

I have this Weber Carb I pulled off a 85 GL 4X4 and was wondering what the normally go for. It looks like it is in good shape. I was going to us it for my brat but wasn't sure if it would work. The 85 I pulled it off of was an OHC engine and my 83 brat is a pushrod.

Any info would be great

Vo

#2 Superoo

Superoo

New User

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • Winnemucca, NV

Posted 11 September 2003 - 05:22 PM

It won't work at all. I'll give you 20 dolla.

Actually if you get the adapter (about $35 I think) it should work fine as is on your EA81.

My Weber kit (87 GL) from piercemanifold.com was around $330. That included the carb to manifold adapter, gaskets, etc.

On my 87 w/ AC there were some clearance issues with the compressor but nothing serious.

#3 Flowmastered87GL

Flowmastered87GL

WCSS Drunk

• Members
  • 6,125 posts
  • Portland, Oregon

Posted 11 September 2003 - 07:11 PM

Used webers go from $30 up usually. If they dont need a rebuild and are already set up for a subaru they are wortha bit more. If they are off an unknown vehicle and need a rebuild and rejetting, no more than $50 in my opinion. Sounds as is yours is in decent shape. I would hold onto it and stick it on the EA81 though.

#4 edrach

edrach

RIP 6/28/14

• Members
  • 12,326 posts
  • Bothell, WA

Posted 11 September 2003 - 09:01 PM

Is it a two barrel weber? The single barrel Carter-weber is not worth a lot. If it came off a '85 GL make sure you get the adapter plate and throttle linkage pieces. The dual barrel weber with fit on either the EA81 or EA82 manifolds.

#5 vodoobrat

vodoobrat

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts
  • Meridian,Idaho

Posted 11 September 2003 - 09:12 PM

It does look like it is in pretty good shape and I did get the adaptor plate and throttle linkage. So i think I am all set. I will take a picture of it this weekend and show it to you guys and you can give me some more infor

#6 Tom63050

Tom63050

Subaru Fanatic!

• Members
  • 373 posts
  • St. Louis

Posted 11 September 2003 - 11:22 PM

The adaptor for the EA82 OHC motor's intake manifold is different from the adaptor for the EA81 pushrod motor's manifold. You can put the EA82 manifold on the EA81, but it would be easier to just go buy the EA81 manifold.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users