Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Front end allinement on 93 legacy

Q's .... iam having a front wheel bearing replaced on the H2..(93 legacy wagon)

is it that nessesary to have it allined after installation? ,, Smart Subaru service says not....while Les swabbie says yes....i need a pro to tell me...

Zap...Qman...anybody LoL......I really don't want to spend the xtra $$ if its not required.......... spark:-\

Well it depends on how you do it.

If you take the hub assembly out, and press out the bearing on a press, then yes you have to realign it as the bolt that hold the hub to the strut will change alignment.

If you take the axle out, and press out the bearing on the vehicle and then press them back in on the vehicle (like a real subaru shop, aka Smart Service, Superior Import Repair) then no you do not have to do an alignment. Our tool is called a HubBuster, but they might have another set up as well.

Les Schwab sometime beats my price on wheelbearing installment, but they don't tell people that they are going to need an alignment or add it on to the price. In addition we use OEM bearings from the dealership while Les Schwab uses ????