Ultimate Subaru Message Board

My 96 Outback wagon got broken into, and my radio stolen. When they did that, they broke the bezel. I replaced the stereo, but the problem is there's nowhere for the cupholder screws to screw into. The one on the left will go partially in, but the one on the right won't hold on to anything.

This leaves me with a cup holder that's not very sturdy; it has, in fact, fallen out before.

Would anyone know what part I need to replace, or failing that, some DIY method of fixing it?

Also, they took the large pocket that goes under the stereo and above the ash tray. So now you can see the huge mass of wires back there. Anyone know what that part is?

thanks.

Junkyard would be cheapest. Maybe some super glue or JB Weld if you don't think you'll ever need to get it out again?

Check a junkyard...it'll be uber cheap compard to a dealer...

Thanks. That's a good idea, but the super glue idea scares me. I might need to get the stereo out again.

Thing is, I think it's not just the bezel that I need, I think it's the plastic behind the bezel. And that looks to me like it's a huge piece that would be very expensive to fix.

Hoping there's an easy fix ...