Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Locking Goodness!!!

so ya locks...

my catchy title has brough you to have a look-see...:rolleyes:

ok so my ignition key is a little dinky thing that also unlocks my snug-top and i am looking for a replacment...

and since my driverside key hole doesn't unlock my car anymore i was thinking, "why not just replace them all!"

so what i'm looking for: (all from a gen 1 ish thing... preferably 79)

-ignition switch key thing

-driver and passenger side key hole thingies

-key that works them ALL...

so basicly what i'm going for is the ability to get into my car and start it with one key and not having to craw through the passenger side and unlock my driverside then get out and start my car with the key that looks like its supposed to open a gym locker...

AND HEY... heads up... i was taking a gander at my 79 brat key and my parents 01 Legacy key and discovered that they are the same style... the grooves are the same! so after my lock swap i'm gonna go to suby and get my some suby keys!

thanks!

My '78's ignition lock and original key are so worn that the keys have an annoying habit of falling out onto the floor... especially on an incline.

I had a new key made (they used a Nissan blank), it solved the problem... the keys stay in now... a minor victory in the looong list of challenges yet to be conquered!

Seahag1978

Caboobaroo has the set for me. I don't need them anymore since I solved the falling keys problem. They're paid for, just have him ship them to you with my compliments. Russ? Can you do that?

wow thanks!

i feel kinda bad though...i gotta give you something! if you ever come across something you want(perhaps only available here) just gimmy a shout... i owe you one!

i pm'ed caboobaroo... making sure everything is still there...

thanks again!

check your dealer... no seriously. i just bought the last two lighted led keys that they had in stock. the lights work, and they were new in the package. blanks.

if your locks are in good shape, and all you realy want is a matching set, you can have a locksmith rekey the one oddball for a reasonable price(usualy) then have him cut you a key to match while your at it.

archemitis

check your dealer... no seriously. i just bought the last two lighted led keys that they had in stock. the lights work, and they were new in the package. blanks.

if your locks are in good shape, and all you realy want is a matching set, you can have a locksmith rekey the one oddball for a reasonable price(usualy) then have him cut you a key to match while your at it.

the dealers here are not that smart... and they carry nothing... they wanted 70 bucks and a month to get a brake rotor...

the locks are problems... one of them doesn't accept the key anymore... and the ignition is aftermarket for a forklift or something... i just want to use one key for the whole car... this seems to be the best option for me... and plus... IT'S FREE!!!:banana: w00t!!!

thanks seahag!