Ultimate Subaru Message Board

83/84 turbo wagon front struts?

Are these struts/springs the same as any other ea81 model, like the 2wd ones or something?

Just wondering really.......

They are just a little special, they have an adjustment screw/nut on the lower spring housing to allow for manual heigth change of about 1"...... Gary

The struts are the same regardless of asperation.

Thats interesting, mine are completely different - no adjustment and shorter when fully extended. Must be aftermarket.

Very stiff ride, a fair bit stiffer than a ea82 rx.

Sure, ill take a look tomorrow - its dark and rainy at the moment.

Its a bit annoying having no height adjustment sometimes, I have to really watch out when driving off road. Sweet on the road or gravel though.

Does yours have much more traction in front wheel drive than the non turbos?

Mine grips much better - ive got a carb motor in it at the moment, and i find that it wont spin the wheels in first (without letting out the clutch fast) in the wet, with the cheapest tyres ive ever seen, and with really bad alignment! Even the turbo motor didn't spin the wheels much, unless i was trying.

Could you poke around your struts and see if you can figure out the brand, etc? It would be nice to put some stiffer springs and struts on my wagon!

Can't see any identification looking with the car on the ground - apart from the fact that they're yellow.

I'll have a good look next time the wheels are off and pm you.

Out of interest, what sort of height does yours sit at at the front?