Ultimate Subaru Message Board

95 Legacy: AirBag light on after wiper switch replacement

So I'm in the process of adding the rear wiper to my 95 Legacy Brighton Wagon. Last night I pulled off the air bag and steering wheel and swapped the switch cluster for the turn signals/headlights and the wipers. I put it all back together and now the airbag light is on. The only thing I can think is that this is like my old honda was. I reattached the battery after the airbag was removed because I wanted to make sure the new junkyard assembly worked. In my old honda turning on the key with the airbag disconnected would trip the system and it would need to be reset. So I quess the question is, is that what most likely happened to mine, and if so how do I reset the airbag computer?

Thanks,

Keith

Did you use your old clockspring assembly or the one that came (if it did) with the replacement switch? The junkyard part can be faulty.

I'm assuming you're talking about the part that goes between the switches and the wheel that the airbag wires come out of? If so, then I used the original unit and never unhooked the wires for it. I even followed the dirctions on it where with the wheels pointed straight you turn it completely clockwise and then back the 2.65 turns, just to be safe.

Keith

Yes, that's the part. The only thing coming to mind now is that maybe the green lock on the airbag connector wasn't fully closed? On all airbag harnesses with yellow plugs, one wire is used to monitor those latches.