Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Anyone need pics of where to hammer?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Flowmastered87GL

Flowmastered87GL

WCSS Drunk

• Members
  • 6,088 posts
  • Portland, Oregon

Posted 25 June 2005 - 11:46 PM

I am hammering the inner fenders of my 82 Brat this weekend to make the struts not bang and creak when turning and before I put everything back together I was wondering if anyone wants me to snap pictures of where to pound (before and after) so that the strut/spring no longer rubs the fender (with the PK Davis 3/3 kit)

I will be re-assembling Sunday afternoon so if you even think you MIGHT want pics... let me know and I will drag the camera outside.

#2 Brumby Boy

Brumby Boy

ozzy subaru nut

• Members
  • 525 posts
  • Tsvl, QLD, Australia

Posted 27 June 2005 - 07:23 AM

Yeah rito through up the picks i have been getting more and more hooked by mud so i am thinking about a lift and bigger tyres so i may need to see this for future referenceChamp for takin the picks

#3 Flowmastered87GL

Flowmastered87GL

WCSS Drunk

• Members
  • 6,088 posts
  • Portland, Oregon

Posted 27 June 2005 - 08:51 PM

I took em, they are on the camera. I will try to write up an article for the USRM manual eventually after I photoshop them with arrows pointing at where I hammered.

Took the car out, no more banging form the coil springs rubbing on the body. Found out that one of the struts wasnt turning well with the knuckle so I had to PB blaster it. All is good now though (other than the fact I need to BFH the fenders still to fit the BIG tires)

#4 WAWalker

WAWalker

Certified Subaru Nut

• Members
  • 829 posts
  • Montana

Posted 28 June 2005 - 09:51 AM

You need to send this info to Ozified so it can be added to the destructions that come with the lift kits. I've been wondering why there isn't any mention of this problem in the install instructions. Really sucks to get every thing together then find out you have to take the struts back out to hammer the inner fender.

#5 Flowmastered87GL

Flowmastered87GL

WCSS Drunk

• Members
  • 6,088 posts
  • Portland, Oregon

Posted 28 June 2005 - 12:16 PM

Ya I probably will send him some pics or instructions. Maybe make a little paint shop drawing of it using some bolts and body seams as reference points. Once under there the little mountain of steel you have to level is pretty obvious.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users