Ultimate Subaru Message Board

D/R RWD = 8 Forward Gears & 2 Reverse

I definately will have to look into the 2WD struts and I'm looking at doing a swaybar in the rear sometime soon.

What would you expect the brat to do [handling] w/ EA82 coilovers and the honda springs? (should I not do the honda springs for road/dirt application) That would give me a few inches in the rear, right? (2-3"?)

I definately will have to look into the 2WD struts and I'm looking at doing a swaybar in the rear sometime soon.

What would you expect the brat to do [handling] w/ EA82 coilovers and the honda springs? (should I not do the honda springs for road/dirt application) That would give me a few inches in the rear, right? (2-3"?)

Might be a bit rough with the honda springs; there's no weight back there. Not quite sure as to what is involved in swapping the EA82 struts on the EA81s. Haven't had a chance at really looking over the differences between the two suspensions. I know MilesFox has done this kinda swap. Like I said, it may be too rough and cause it to just bounce all over the place.

Just got back from watching Herbie: Fully Loaded. How dare they crush that poor little XT6!

I'm running my RX in RWD and have shudder coming from the rear end while making very sharp turns at low speed (i.e. pulling out of a parking lot onto a road, 90 degree turn, under 15mph). It shakes and rumbles like crazy until I straighten the wheels, go above about 15, or push in the clutch. I've been told that this is the LSD attempting to engage and is fairly normal. Is it?

I think you're right about stiffening the rear up a bunch. I didn't really want to think about it earlier when I was tired, but after my nap and your wisdom, I see the reality of it all. :rolleyes: I am working on bringing rallycross to Bozeman this summer, so I suppose that I will get to be doing some 4WD competition. I think that I will continue to drive in RWD when not in race-car form because it is that much better than FWD.

I definately have some rear end hop sometimes; most of all when I do a handbrake stand on dirt (occasionally on pavement).

As a side note, I am tempted to try tossing my 27" offroad tires on the Brat while my wagon is off the road. Does that mean that I'm crazy? I feel pretty confident that they won't fit (in the front for sure) but I still want to try it at least on the rears. Probaby will be outgeared most of the time. :headbang: