Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

D/R RWD = 8 Forward Gears & 2 Reverse

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#26 MSSLGECKO

MSSLGECKO

I miss picture signatures

• Members
  • 755 posts
  • Missoula

Posted 30 June 2005 - 03:48 PM

I definately will have to look into the 2WD struts and I'm looking at doing a swaybar in the rear sometime soon.

What would you expect the brat to do [handling] w/ EA82 coilovers and the honda springs? (should I not do the honda springs for road/dirt application) That would give me a few inches in the rear, right? (2-3"?)

#27 subynut

subynut

EJ Powa!

• Gold Subscribers
  • 1,386 posts
  • Sierra Vista, AZ

Posted 30 June 2005 - 06:51 PM

I definately will have to look into the 2WD struts and I'm looking at doing a swaybar in the rear sometime soon.

What would you expect the brat to do [handling] w/ EA82 coilovers and the honda springs? (should I not do the honda springs for road/dirt application) That would give me a few inches in the rear, right? (2-3"?)

Might be a bit rough with the honda springs; there's no weight back there. Not quite sure as to what is involved in swapping the EA82 struts on the EA81s. Haven't had a chance at really looking over the differences between the two suspensions. I know MilesFox has done this kinda swap. Like I said, it may be too rough and cause it to just bounce all over the place.
Just got back from watching Herbie: Fully Loaded. How dare they crush that poor little XT6!

#28 TROGDOR!

TROGDOR!

Pastor of Muppets

• Members
  • 2,106 posts
  • Morgantown, WV

Posted 30 June 2005 - 07:38 PM

I'm running my RX in RWD and have shudder coming from the rear end while making very sharp turns at low speed (i.e. pulling out of a parking lot onto a road, 90 degree turn, under 15mph). It shakes and rumbles like crazy until I straighten the wheels, go above about 15, or push in the clutch. I've been told that this is the LSD attempting to engage and is fairly normal. Is it?

#29 MSSLGECKO

MSSLGECKO

I miss picture signatures

• Members
  • 755 posts
  • Missoula

Posted 30 June 2005 - 10:49 PM

I think you're right about stiffening the rear up a bunch. I didn't really want to think about it earlier when I was tired, but after my nap and your wisdom, I see the reality of it all. :rolleyes: I am working on bringing rallycross to Bozeman this summer, so I suppose that I will get to be doing some 4WD competition. I think that I will continue to drive in RWD when not in race-car form because it is that much better than FWD.

I definately have some rear end hop sometimes; most of all when I do a handbrake stand on dirt (occasionally on pavement).

As a side note, I am tempted to try tossing my 27" offroad tires on the Brat while my wagon is off the road. Does that mean that I'm crazy? I feel pretty confident that they won't fit (in the front for sure) but I still want to try it at least on the rears. Probaby will be outgeared most of the time. :headbang:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users