Ultimate Subaru Message Board

28000 (cdn) for 2005 Forster X Special Edition ?

Hey everyone. I have phoned around and 28000 seems to be the best price I can get with 3.8% for 5 years. The retail price is 29000. Do you think this is a fair deal considering the 2006's are out for 29000 with 5.8%? Would i be getting ripped off if I paid this? Thanks for any suggestions...

The Special Edition (SE) is the X with:

heated front seats

moonroof

leather steering wheel/shifter/hand break

cargo cover

rear protective mat

Im not sure what it works out to in American $. Im sure its comperable to the price of the X in the states. The base price of the X up here is 28000 and the SE is 29000. So to me, I think all those goodies are worth the extra grand... and in this case the MSRP of the base X.

In the fall you'll be able to get a good deal on an 05 because the 06 is redisigned. If you aren't too picky getting one of the last 05's on the lot in October will get you the best price.

thanks for the suggestion... I need the car sooner than later though because the car im driving now is just about to bite it... passenger/front strut is already useless.