Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

2005 Outback XT (and XT Limited) invoice price?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 McBain

McBain

New User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 29 June 2005 - 10:35 PM

Does anyone have any hard data on what the invoice price is on these vehicles? I'm getting conflicting data from the various internet sites and what the dealer is presenting. Any info would be GREATLY appreciated, as I'm in the market for one of these fine, fine vehicles. Thanks.

#2 dullone

dullone

New User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Chicago

Posted 30 June 2005 - 04:24 AM

This page has your answers: http://www.cars101.c...es.html#outback

#3 knelson

knelson

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 30 June 2005 - 02:32 PM

This page has your answers: http://www.cars101.c...es.html#outback

Uhh... just so you know - that site is run by a Subaru salesman at a dealership in Seattle.

-kurt

#4 McBain

McBain

New User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 30 June 2005 - 05:48 PM

Thanks for the help, guys.

#5 Topochicho

Topochicho

New User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Katy

Posted 30 June 2005 - 05:54 PM

Edmunds.com is usually spot on.

Definately spot on when I bought my 2005 XT in May.

The 2005s still have a 2000 rebate.

Don't forget to add factory options to the base price.
Also, supposedly options that come from the factory already on the car are cheaper than a dealer added option... ie. if the dealer puts on the armrest extension it costs him more (not including labor) than if he got the car with it already on. I just told to have them take all those options off.

take a look at www.subaruforester.com for more forester specific info.

#6 McBain

McBain

New User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 01 July 2005 - 06:23 AM

The 2005s still have a 2000 rebate.

Really? Where? My dealer said it was $1,000 for the XT, $1,500 for the 2.5i.

And, if you don't mind me asking, what did you end up paying for your XT (not limited, I'm assuming)?

#7 Topochicho

Topochicho

New User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Katy

Posted 01 July 2005 - 10:34 AM

Really? Where? My dealer said it was $1,000 for the XT, $1,500 for the 2.5i.

And, if you don't mind me asking, what did you end up paying for your XT (not limited, I'm assuming)?

Texas. Guess it’s possible you aren't getting the same rebates... Subarus aren’t as popular here in Houston as other places.

I don’t have the exact number, but it was invoice + destination – the $2000 rebate + TTL. A little over $24,000 before TTL (tax is 6.5 in Texas).

Our choices with the XT were premium or not. We got the XT w/premium package (sunroof, leather) and a manual 5speed.

#8 McBain

McBain

New User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 01 July 2005 - 06:44 PM

I don’t have the exact number, but it was invoice + destination – the $2000 rebate + TTL. A little over $24,000 before TTL (tax is 6.5 in Texas).

$24,000 for an new Outback XT Ltd??? That's an insanely low price. That would mean the invoice + destination price is $26,000 which is thousands of dollars less than the quotes I've seen.

Maybe you are talking about the Forester?

#9 kbaby

kbaby

New User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • San Francisco

Posted 05 July 2005 - 08:48 PM

hi: i'm new at this forum and hope that one of you can help. i'm thinking about getting the brandnew automatic 05 outback xt limited really soon and the dealership quoted me ~32k out the door, do you think it's reasonable? i live in california, any advise would be nice. thanks!

#10 verdugan

verdugan

New User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Stamford

Posted 06 July 2005 - 12:43 PM

hi: i'm new at this forum and hope that one of you can help. i'm thinking about getting the brandnew automatic 05 outback xt limited really soon and the dealership quoted me ~32k out the door, do you think it's reasonable? i live in california, any advise would be nice. thanks!

I don't know how many options you are getting, but it seems pretty expensive to me. Try edmund's True Value Price to see how much people are paying in your area (http://www.edmunds.c...911/prices.html). This late in the model year, you shouldn't pay more than invoice price. Without any options, the invoice price for an automatic 2.5 XT Limited is $29,548.

Good luck,

Angel

#11 WagonsOnly

WagonsOnly

Now only WagonsMostly.

• Members
  • 1,475 posts
  • North Central CT

Posted 06 July 2005 - 01:35 PM

It might be a salesman at a dealer, but Joe Spitz is the most no-BS Soobie salesman I've ever had the pleasure to deal with. (Obviously I didn't buy from him, but drop him an email and let him know you're in the market and he'll probably give you a hand.)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users