Ultimate Subaru Message Board

2005 Outback XT (and XT Limited) invoice price?

Does anyone have any hard data on what the invoice price is on these vehicles? I'm getting conflicting data from the various internet sites and what the dealer is presenting. Any info would be GREATLY appreciated, as I'm in the market for one of these fine, fine vehicles. Thanks.

Edmunds.com is usually spot on.

Definately spot on when I bought my 2005 XT in May.

The 2005s still have a 2000 rebate.

Don't forget to add factory options to the base price.

Also, supposedly options that come from the factory already on the car are cheaper than a dealer added option... ie. if the dealer puts on the armrest extension it costs him more (not including labor) than if he got the car with it already on. I just told to have them take all those options off.

take a look at http://www.subaruforester.com for more forester specific info.

The 2005s still have a 2000 rebate.

Really? Where? My dealer said it was $1,000 for the XT, $1,500 for the 2.5i.

And, if you don't mind me asking, what did you end up paying for your XT (not limited, I'm assuming)?

Really? Where? My dealer said it was $1,000 for the XT, $1,500 for the 2.5i.

And, if you don't mind me asking, what did you end up paying for your XT (not limited, I'm assuming)?

Texas. Guess it’s possible you aren't getting the same rebates... Subarus aren’t as popular here in Houston as other places.

I don’t have the exact number, but it was invoice + destination – the $2000 rebate + TTL. A little over $24,000 before TTL (tax is 6.5 in Texas).

Our choices with the XT were premium or not. We got the XT w/premium package (sunroof, leather) and a manual 5speed.

I don’t have the exact number, but it was invoice + destination – the $2000 rebate + TTL. A little over $24,000 before TTL (tax is 6.5 in Texas).

$24,000 for an new Outback XT Ltd??? That's an insanely low price. That would mean the invoice + destination price is $26,000 which is thousands of dollars less than the quotes I've seen.

Maybe you are talking about the Forester?

hi: i'm new at this forum and hope that one of you can help. i'm thinking about getting the brandnew automatic 05 outback xt limited really soon and the dealership quoted me ~32k out the door, do you think it's reasonable? i live in california, any advise would be nice. thanks!

hi: i'm new at this forum and hope that one of you can help. i'm thinking about getting the brandnew automatic 05 outback xt limited really soon and the dealership quoted me ~32k out the door, do you think it's reasonable? i live in california, any advise would be nice. thanks!

I don't know how many options you are getting, but it seems pretty expensive to me. Try edmund's True Value Price to see how much people are paying in your area (http://www.edmunds.com/new/2005/subaru/outback/100397911/prices.html). This late in the model year, you shouldn't pay more than invoice price. Without any options, the invoice price for an automatic 2.5 XT Limited is $29,548.

Good luck,

Angel

It might be a salesman at a dealer, but Joe Spitz is the most no-BS Soobie salesman I've ever had the pleasure to deal with. (Obviously I didn't buy from him, but drop him an email and let him know you're in the market and he'll probably give you a hand.)