Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Need some buying advice - 1993 Loyale Wagon

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Ktlou

Ktlou

New User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Vancouver

Posted 01 July 2005 - 03:47 PM

Hi there,
I'm looking to purchase a 1993 Loyale wagon. It has a rebuilt engine with 26,000 kms on it, 4wd, new brakes + clutch, one owner. She's asking $3900 Canadian for it (Vancouver area, no snow or rust). That's about $3000 U.S. I've been looking around to try and get an idea of prices, but they seem all over the map. What do you think? Is this a fair price?

Cheers,
K.

#2 TROGDOR!

TROGDOR!

Pastor of Muppets

• Members
  • 2,106 posts
  • Morgantown, WV

Posted 01 July 2005 - 04:45 PM

If I found a showroom condition 93 Loyale, with well under 100,000 original miles, and could afford it- I still wouldn't pay a penny more than $2000 US. And that's coming from here in the middle of rustville.

#3 Cougar

Cougar

Elite Master of the Subaru

• Members
  • 6,342 posts
  • Anchorage

Posted 01 July 2005 - 04:52 PM

I think the price is pretty fair though you could see if they will come down a little more. A rebuilt engine alone will run you about $2,500 to $3,000 dollars. There may be some warranty left on the engine also.

#4 TROGDOR!

TROGDOR!

Pastor of Muppets

• Members
  • 2,106 posts
  • Morgantown, WV

Posted 01 July 2005 - 04:53 PM

I disagree on the engine cost. A brand new CCR EA82T cost close to $1000 less than your low estimate, including shipping most of the way across the country.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users