Ultimate Subaru Message Board

2000 Forester Speaker Replacement

hello.

before you say it, yes i've read the other articles on this topic =). i have something specific in mind though...

i haven't dug into my door panels yet, but from looking them over it seems that the speaker mounting is a seperate piece from the rest of the door. what i'm thinking of is a pod-type kick panel replacement that angles this seperate piece more up towards the people in the car and provides a place for a seperate tweeter to mount. from my car-audio-fetish days i know a kick panel is the optimal for imaging and this seems like a natural after-market option for my Forester since the piece is actually seperate (at least seemingly so) from the rest of the door moulding.

so why can't i find anything like this? i've looked around most of the day but it doesn't seem that anyone is offering a drop-in replacement kick panel speaker pod for my ride. did i miss it somewhere? have others found what i'm looking for? am i just wacko for even thinging of something like this? some friends in the past have custom made such pods with spray foam and fiber-glass and all sorts of carzy labor-intensive projects but i don't want to invest so much time.

any clues to help me? thanks.