Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Hood scoop for brat

FlyB0y

Heya all, I am totally new to this stuff, I have messed around in the past to try and make motorcycles go faster, but not with a car. I put a Weber on my '85 Brat and want to make a hood scoop for it to get cooler air to the filter. Not sure I want to really try anything too fancy like a blower, but I did get a free hood from an 'XT that I can mod to mate with my spare brat hood. The plan is to cut a hole roughly the size of the scoop in the brat hood and then weld just the portion that the duct-work from the XT scoop attaches to, and then finish makeing the bottom part around the air filter from the turbo brat air box I have.

I am concidering making a raised scoop/box (what ever you call it :-p) from the air box of the turbo brat(I have a plastic welder :brow: ) but what ever I do, the finish product is too look as stock as possible.

I am also concidering something along the lines of a "tornado" or "turbonator" style vortex creater at the intake of the box. Not going to buy one, but I might make my own :drunk:

Any and all thoughts/comments appreciated (please limit the "that Idea is the SUCK" comments ... looking for constructive criticism thx :D )

• 2 weeks later...