Ultimate Subaru Message Board

You know the face of the tribeca is one that only a mother could love :grin:

Let's face it the subaru "gene pool" has never been that great for good looking cars- somehow subaru must have hooked up with the milk man to produce the latest legacy/outback.

On some other forums, owners seem to love the car (ok that's to be expected). but what other car comes with "puddle lights?" If I didn't have a deposit down on another car, I would consider this one.

puddle lights? are those fancy fog lights... or something else?

well they may be as "usefull" as a foglight (meaning they're more cool than functional) but there are lights underneath the rocker panels that glow blue when you unlock or open the door so that you don't inadvertantly step in a puddle at night getting in/out of your car.

well they may be as "usefull" as a foglight (meaning they're more cool than functional) but there are lights underneath the rocker panels that glow blue when you unlock or open the door so that you don't inadvertantly step in a puddle at night getting in/out of your car.

you mean those neons all the ricers have? :lol:

I've been down to the stealership, and checked one out. Call me crazy, but I actually like the way that they look. It's different. When I first saw one on the street, from a distance, I immeditally knew exactly what it was.

So it's a got a couple things that actually appeal to me. The uglyness (could that be put on the insurence as theft detirrent system?), I've got a soft spot for ugly mugs (anyone that has seen my Brat will know what I mean).

And the gadgets!! Wow, c'mon, how many other rigs out there have a rear diff over temp light!!!

If I had the cash to buy a new car, I would definatly get one.

Has anyone seen the new foresters??

The front reminds me of a Ford Escape.. :-\

As for the "puddle lights", the 2006 Outbacks are getting them standard as well. You don't have to worry about smashing them up. They're mounted on the door on the inside, usually underneath the armrest. They light up when you open the door.