Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

really nice EA81 wagon.... in a junkyard?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 SakoTGrimes

SakoTGrimes

Aint got no Subaru!

• Members
  • 943 posts
  • Grants Pass

Posted 06 July 2005 - 02:10 PM

Looking for an EA82 radiator yesterday and I see an early 80s GL just sitting there without any cars piled on top of it. I go to look while the yard guy is pulling my new radiator and the car is way too nice to be junked! approx. 224K miles, dual range 4 speed, manual windows, very nice tan paint (considering it's 20 years old), only a few dents, not missing and body panels. I tried to start it but the key wouldn't move? Engine looked fine, everything else looked fine to me. I have no idea why such a vehicle would be in a yard. Located at Speedway auto wrecking with the pink/purple Dodge van out front on Vilas road in Central Point, OR. Somebody save it! I also found out where the late 70s 4WD woody wagon ended up... about 100M away at Action Auto U-Pull-It. (hasn't been cut up yet)

#2 SakoTGrimes

SakoTGrimes

Aint got no Subaru!

• Members
  • 943 posts
  • Grants Pass

Posted 20 October 2005 - 04:37 PM

I can't believe it...... I jsut went back there to see if I could get it...... they crushed it. To "make room" for 1981 Ford LTDs with no usable parts.

#3 zyewdall

zyewdall

Subaru Master

• Members
  • 2,132 posts
  • Ward, CO

Posted 20 October 2005 - 05:04 PM

:confused: So they crushed a car that could have been resurrected to a daily driver, in favor of a american boat of a car that was probably worn out roughly 15 years ago.....:banghead:

#4 soobme

soobme

Subaru Master

• Members
  • 1,871 posts
  • Medford OR

Posted 20 October 2005 - 06:16 PM

OK, hear is what we do:
Matt, Bob, Adam, and any one in the valley reading this, we all need to go to Speedway Wrecking one @ a time and ask about the Subaru wagon we need parts off of. This will teach them that they can make ALOT more off of a vintage Subaru than any old POS Ford ;)

#5 edrach

edrach

RIP 6/28/14

• Members
  • 12,326 posts
  • Bothell, WA

Posted 20 October 2005 - 07:47 PM

Do they have an email address or 800#? I'm always looking for new yards to get parts from.:rolleyes:

OK, hear is what we do:
Matt, Bob, Adam, and any one in the valley reading this, we all need to go to Speedway Wrecking one @ a time and ask about the Subaru wagon we need parts off of. This will teach them that they can make ALOT more off of a vintage Subaru than any old POS Ford ;)

#6 soobme

soobme

Subaru Master

• Members
  • 1,871 posts
  • Medford OR

Posted 20 October 2005 - 08:33 PM

I don't think so, this is a "ma and pa" kinda place. I have problems getting them to awser the local PH# they have:rolleyes:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users