Ultimate Subaru Message Board

micky thompson tires anyone?

1992UAV

Just curious if anyone has tried the micky thompson tires.... they make a 27x9.50 that would look pretty cool for offroad and looks quiet enough for folks that use their soobs as a daily driver...I'm a long way off from getting tires at this point but just checking if anyone has tried this...

the only problem with those tires is that they cost way too much and dont last very long...... im running kumho venture mt's... you can get em on tire rack for around $70/ tire, and they last forever, road noise is minimal, and they just work better than anything else i have ever experienced......oh yeah, and they start with 18/32 of tread, more than most tires that size..

just my .02

if your willing to spend that much, get the 215/75/? do you have some 14 or 15's? if they are 15inch get the 215/75/15 bfgoodrich mudterrain. the khumo venture mud terrains are great to. i know someone who has those on his lifted roo. also for a cheaper tire, the hankook dynamic mud terrain is a good tire. very reasonable price. i think like 72on the tire rack. if you want a all terain, the hankook makes one(the one i run) and the bfgoodrich makes one.(in 27/8.50)

the 215/75/15's measure up to 27.7 so a bit taller.