Ultimate Subaru Message Board

WCSS7 caravan from MN area update

I have been pondering this idea... if I can somehow let my work know that I wont be available during the WCSS weekend... is anyone else out in this area wanting to go to the show too?

if so, could I ride along with someone on the way there, or would someone want to ride with me to drive my impreza back to MN? I need to retreive my motorcycle from WA and this would be a good oppurtunity to do so, and go to the show at the same time!

I will ask my work on monday if I can get the time off.. and if I can.. i will let you guys know!!

anyone that wants to "help me/help you", let me know soon!

this may be a low cost method to let you guys who are out here go to the show, if your car cant make it.. mine will! (it has made the trip 3 times already with no trouble!!) we could split the cost of gas/food and such.. more people in one car the cheaper :lol: I will just need to drive my own motorcycle on the way back, so someone will have to drive the impreza back, or their own car if we go that route-

any thoughts?

call me if this sounds too good to pass up!

well, its decided.. I am driving the impreza back to the show!!! departure tomorrow or wednesday, depending on James Rachner and the brat crew (currently between MI and MN picking up a motorcycle?)

should be caravaning with them...

dont know if I will be able to post much after tonight, but if not, then see you guys at WCSS7!!!

you guys in MT available again for a mini meet? give me a call if you are! (or if you want to ride along for the weekend to the show!)

I'd like to go, but don't have transportation, I doubt there's any way to convince my parents to let me go...but I may be up to ride with you (if there's still room, my gf would like to come too), and I'd be more than happy to drive it back to MN for you, I'm very close to excelsior.

well, I am still not sure on a departure time, it will either be tonight or tomorrow early morning- depends on if I get ahold of Jrach (who is somewhere in MI?) if not.. then tomorrow morning definately leaving-

I should reach bozeman sometime thursday early morning or wednesday late night.... late night if I could stay there somewhere?

!! --> free range and Adog - I should be able to call you when I get close by, caravan is available for pickup at that time.. seems like my passenger room is still good to go- cargo can go in the trailer if you need to pack big-

you know my number too if you need to set up a pickup time/location or whatever!

Unfortunately I am unable to go to the show...:( however, there is always next year, right?! :brow::D

And, to whom it concerns-

Austin should be arriving in the Bozeman area sometime tonight or tomorrow...so give him a call if you are looking to caravan/ride with him.

Also, the brat he is traveling with is having some issues...If anyone has a spare radiator laying around that could be used/purchased, feel free to let me know or you can call Austin, but he may not be in cell phone range.

Thanks!

~Freddie

UPDATE!!

it turns out that the radiator is not the problem...it seems that there is a pinhole leak in the intake manifold capillary hose behind the alternator...so they are all going to need to stop and fix it sometime very soon...so anyone with the means to fix the problem, message me and i will pass it on to Austin.

~Freddie

I spoke to Austin about 30 minutes ago and told him where parts might be to replace the hose and clamps. He thinks there's enough parts to resolve this problem. Also, I spoke to bacaruda to pick up a new radiator in Spokane (at Spalding) for them to pick up on the way home whether they need it or not.

Austin just called now. They are in Jamestown, ND and are prepping the car to replace the head gaskets (James had bought a set from NAPA when he started having trouble on the way out). So they are delayed some more but expect to be able to resolve the problem (hopefully) and still make it to WCSS7 on time.

Unfortunately I am unable to go to the show...:( however, there is always next year, right?! :brow::D

And, to whom it concerns-

Austin should be arriving in the Bozeman area sometime tonight or tomorrow...so give him a call if you are looking to caravan/ride with him.

Also, the brat he is traveling with is having some issues...If anyone has a spare radiator laying around that could be used/purchased, feel free to let me know or you can call Austin, but he may not be in cell phone range.

Thanks!

~Freddie

That's too bad, I was hoping to meet the woman who caused Austin to drive all the way to Minnesota for a prom dance, and now has him moving there. Like you say, there is hope for next year.

As of 7 30 mountain time Austin and James are in Glendive, Montana. They seem to be going smoothly with the brat having minimal coolant loss. They torqued the head bolts and that seemed to slow the leak down. They are now able to drive far on one fill up of coolant.

They will probably be going through Bozeman, MT at least 6 hours from now. So...mid-afternoonish. So if you are looking to caravan or ride along give Austin a call! (or let me know and i can pass along the message :P)

~Freddie

(And I am very much looking forward to the show next year! believe it or not, I would very very much like to meet all of you people! :cool: :D )

Freddie, thanks so much for your update. It's a pleasure to know that they are moving right along. That was quite a trek making it from Jamestown, ND to Montana overnight. They must not have gotten too much sleep.

As of 7 30 mountain time Austin and James are in Glendive, Montana. They seem to be going smoothly with the brat having minimal coolant loss. They torqued the head bolts and that seemed to slow the leak down. They are now able to drive far on one fill up of coolant.

They will probably be going through Bozeman, MT at least 6 hours from now. So...mid-afternoonish. So if you are looking to caravan or ride along give Austin a call! (or let me know and i can pass along the message :P)

~Freddie

(And I am very much looking forward to the show next year! believe it or not, I would very very much like to meet all of you people! :cool: :D )

Just an update on the timing going into Bozeman.....Glendive to Bozeman looks like 630 miles if I'm reading the map correctly. That looks like at least 10 hours driving time to me.

Another update: I'm really confused now, the mileage table adds up to 630 miles but the exit numbers on I-94 come out to much less than that. When I get back to the office I'll try to get a better "guesstimate."

Turns out the 630 miles is bogus; see later posts.