Ultimate Subaru Message Board

?'s re:outback struts on 91 leg wagon

Svengouli7

Has anyone made any progress on lifting their Legacies with the outback struts? I have my front struts in, and my bellows. I'm planning on putting them on next Monday. I'll order my back ones tonight, and hopefully they MIGHT come in on time to put them on too. If not, oh well.

I got mine done a week ago but haven't had time to post about it. I used KYB struts for a '97 Outback and springs and mounts from a '92 AWD Legacy. In the picture the car appears to be sitting level but that's with a bunch of gear in the back. Un-loaded the rear sits about an inch taller than the front. I'll probably swap the front springs for some just a little taller to make the car sit level. The rear struts were very close or possibly touching the body of the car, so I did a bit of BFHammerology to be sure I didn't have any rubbing. The sway bars were slightly difficult to reconnect but other than that the installation was a breeze.

post-574-136027602929_thumb.jpg

I plan on taking some before and after shots of the car, and then some step-by-step photos of my replacement of the struts for the benefit of the Rubasu community. My first time attempting to replace struts, so hopefully I'll do it right. Haha.

Added a picture of the two struts.. New and old. 1.25" difference between the two. Witness yourself exactly HOW struts raise your car. haha

http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/photos/showphoto.php?photo=7534&sort=1&cat=500&page=1