Ultimate Subaru Message Board

cleaning cigarette smoke stains from ceiling?

AKIRA

I used 409 to remove cigar stains from my 82 brat. The interior is tan but looked quite brown before I cleaned it. Spray heavy and let soak a bit. Scrub repeatedly using a bucket of water to rinse the sponge and brush. The 409 tends to dry out the vinyl so when your done be sure to used PLENTY of armour all or other similar conditioner. It will take some elbow grease but it should come out.

Kurt

Armour All cleaner is another choice...have used it with great results, even on fabric....just be sure to test in inconspicuous place for colorfastness first, dont recomend using it in places that have painted on lettering tho, it has removed the lettering on one item i used it on!

I think you pretty much can't go wrong with much of anything as long as its strong and the odor isn't too nasty (your nose won't be far from whatever you leave on the surface).

Simple Green would be my 1st choice. If it didnt work I would try a Citrus type cleaner...I work from weak to strong when cleaning interiors.

simple green will do wonders! use it about 1/4 to half strenght. a bottle of simple green will go a long way! use it under the hood and see what happens "a vacuum line diagram? where did that come from?"

use a terrycloth towel. try scrubbing the walls in a factory break room!

you could use green label "the works" too, but it is a harsher chemical. cut it down by at least half

Ya ever left a window rolled down and a kitty decides to jump in and use your car as a litterbox? Well, the stuff to use to get the urine or poop smell out (god, i *hate* the smell of cat piss) is called "Nature's Miracle". You get it from a pet store, it's not cheap, but I swear it is the only thing I've tried that works. It doesn't cover odor up, it "eats" it with enzymes. I've tried the basic formula with great results in the past and now just tried the cat-specific formula, just as great. They also have a skunk odor remover forumla for those really unfortunate experiences of trying to domesticate a wild skunk in the back seat of your soob!:burnout:

Likely you will never get that nasty smell nor those disgusting stains out of it.

The best story I have is when I fixed computers and some came in reeking of tobacco. Of course, the power supplies sucked all that nastiness in and with that nastiness, dust and all other postively charge crap came in the computers. After time, the computer woould short out somewhere, go figure.

I told the people (this happened many times, many peeople) after fixing the power supplies that smoking was the cause, and they were so concerned about it and said that they would never smoke around their computer again, because of the monetary cost in fixing them.

Many times, these are the same numnuts who smoke around their children and wonder why they had low birthweight, lower IQ than normal, constantly have upper repiratory infections, and a host of other problems. They didn't care about the cost to their children's health or future, but a monetary cost of a computer repair worried them!

Some people!

Mark

If your ceiling is that gross, I'd think your upolstery would be a prime candidate for smoke inhilation too!:slobber:

I'd suggest a 1/4 stick of dynamite in a bottle of simple green. Light the fuse and close the door.:brow:

Hose out the interior with an ordinary garden hose and your problem will be solved:D

Oh! pull out the rubber drain plugs in the floor pan so it will drain properly:bday:

Good luck,

Glenn

82 Hatch, ...transforming:temper:

01 Forester,...jealous:madder: