Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

xt got rocked by a toyota

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 tysn

tysn

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 151 posts
  • g h

Posted 10 July 2005 - 11:55 PM

so i was going to a girls house that invited me over for dinner. i was going through a parkinglot and a toyota paseo had its nose poking out. so i stopped to let her out. the female driver was watching for the traffic to her right but didn't look to her left. she pulled out and got the front passenger fender of my car. damage didn't look too bad so i just let it go. well i was going down the road a little bit later and i feel a weird vibration coming from my front end along with squeeling noise coming from my rear. :banghead: :eek: so i hunt the girl down and we exchange info. what do you guys think will happen, she claimed fault.

#2 SakoTGrimes

SakoTGrimes

Aint got no Subaru!

• Members
  • 943 posts
  • Grants Pass

Posted 11 July 2005 - 12:32 AM

I say let her pay for it if she's claiming fault, which sounds like it is. I got damage today too! (backing up, didn't see a pole)

#3 tysn

tysn

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 151 posts
  • g h

Posted 11 July 2005 - 06:59 PM

well just to update you on the situation. the suspect called her insurance company and i filled out my police report. i got a call from her insurance telling me the girls father may pay it out of pocket. from the quotes i have cv joint, suspension and body damage. total estimate comes to around 1000 bucks, so should i just have the man pay for it or get the ajuster out here and let him see it for himself?

#4 baccaruda

baccaruda

YOUR FAVORITE MOD

• 6,941 posts
  • SpoVegas, WA

Posted 11 July 2005 - 07:26 PM

personally, i'd take the $1000, fix it myself, and pocket at least $600.

#5 75subie

75subie

I`m sold on Subaru

• Members
  • 3,908 posts
  • Walden

Posted 11 July 2005 - 08:25 PM

personally, i'd take the $1000, fix it myself, and pocket at least $600.

thats the way to go.make yourself a few bucks

#6 ballitch

ballitch

Certified Subaru Nut

• Members
  • 999 posts
  • Salem, OR

Posted 11 July 2005 - 09:09 PM

i agree with the two above, you have people here that can answer any questions you have regarding suspension. its taking time out of your life, why shouldnt you come out ahead?

~Josh~

#7 WoodsWagon

WoodsWagon

Formerly 91Loyale

• Members
  • 3,945 posts
  • NH

Posted 11 July 2005 - 09:26 PM

Or you could be nice to the guy and drop the price to 800 bucks. He would feel less used and you would still make a tidy profit.

#8 tysn

tysn

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 151 posts
  • g h

Posted 22 July 2005 - 10:58 AM

:banghead: :eek: :mad: :dead: yeah my xt was in an accident on the 10th, i had all the alignment checked and they can't adjust the camber toe or castor. and my tranny is leaking and i also have antifreeze from what seems the head.i have no tools or time to fix it being i am in school, so they are coming on monday to total it. ( please insert taps and a 7 gun firing line)

#9 soobmater

soobmater

Got Mud?

• Members
  • 1,668 posts
  • South Bend

Posted 22 July 2005 - 02:41 PM

man that sucks. what even sucks worse, is that it wasnt even your fault.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users