Ultimate Subaru Message Board

MS n' EDIS-6 on XT6

Gravityman

Hey Fellow Subaru freaks

Has anyone actually done a full MS n' EDIS-6 swap to a XT6 yet?

How about just MS?

OR EDIS-6?

I have been searching the threads with a comb and only found that a very few people have even talked about actually doing it but many suggestions to try it. This is one of my next big projects in the TT build and I would like to know how many people have attempted this feat. Thank you!

haven't heard of anyone doing it on the XT6 yet scott. i don't think anyone has done it. if they have they haven't posted about it on the board that i'm aware of. i definitley wouldnt forget that because i would have talked to them about it by now.

Ya Odd so how is your setup working? I have every thing for the edis setup except the 6 ignition coil. Soon I will be getting the MS setup. OOH ya whats the deal with the APC boost controller how does that work out for you? I have access to one that I was thinking about selling. Thanks man I will probably have questions for you in the future but you probably know how that goes. :brow:

I have done the MSnSpark on and ER-27 in my 84 GL, and currently have it running. No EDIS at this time due to a shortage of parts in the valley(and the car running off of the disty). So far it runs great, but crappy when cold(no Fast Idle Solenoid), and still fine tuning the maps. I also am working on a program that will "tune" the fuel maps on the fly right now but am working out the bugs. If any body wants a copy, I will upload it when it is working to my satifaction.

Matt

What did you swap out in place of the ER27, an EA81 or EA82? How long have you had the MS installed on the ER27? I would really love to see your setup and feel how it rides. Also, I might need to get that tuning file from you some time if its not that big of a hassle.

I am glad that I am not the first person doing this, I hope that we can chat in the future about this. Thank you!

mine ran great in my wagon till i blew the tranny out

right now i am sitting in front of my rx on a laptop with wireless about to finish the wiring and have my 85 intercooled rx msnedis'd using my old wagon motor

so except for a diffrent shell /better drivetrain <it is a rx after all hehe>

the whole setup was running before so its not like i am trying to make it all work from scratch like i did on the wagon plus inever had the wagon intercooled or with a blow off valve

as far as the apc goes its great but i will be ditching it soon

since i know the guy who has been doing the codeing for the ms-n-edis firm ware i have asked for some special things

that will let the ms-n-edis setup also run boost control just like the apc but a little better