Ultimate Subaru Message Board

picked up some rims today

well picked me up a set of rims today for the roo, they are 15 inch i believe toyota rims, ive got 2 drilled out so far and ill do the other 2 tomorrow,

not sure what size OR tire im gonna run yet i gotta go check out the tire size link. i picked up the set used at a local rim place for $60 for the set. heres a cpl of pics while i was doing a test fit after i got the first 1 drilled out

IM001243.jpg

IM001245.jpg

he actually had about 7 or 8 more i will most likely pic up 1 4 a spare later on, thanks 4 letting me know what they are from flowmastered i really didnt have a clue

soobmater it will prob be a while on a lift but i am gonna cram some bigger tires in there fro now though,i really want that better ground clearance so i stop beating the hell outta my skidplate and rear dif!!!

for those of you looking at the pics and not seeing anything it will be back up in a little bit the photo service i use is down 4 maintenance(sp)

well money wise worked out a little better than planned and i picked up a used set of 235/75 15 for it yesterday got the other 2 rims finished and after beating the hell outta the front and back of the wheelwells i got them on, still got some turning rubbing issues i gotta take care of but other then that they are on. think i might pull them off 4 a little bit though till i can fab up a lift 4 it since i only have about an inch of clearance on the top of the tire adn even with a slight bump going through my yard it rubbed both front and rear. so right now it may have a bit more ground clearance but its pretty much useless offroad at the moment. i get a few pics of it this afternoon after i get some sleep since i just got home from work.

well tires are coming back off for a little while, and im in the process of rounding up the material im gonna need to make a lift for it, im betting its gonna look real funny with the stock size tires back on and the hole pounded out for the bigger tires, lol. oh well i want it to still be driveable till i get everything i need rounded up the build the lift, i havent decided yet though if im gonna go with the regular 3 inch lift or go with something bigger. ill decide that before i get all my material rounded up.

well money wise worked out a little better than planned and i picked up a used set of 235/75 15 for it yesterday got the other 2 rims finished and after beating the hell outta the front and back of the wheelwells i got them on, still got some turning rubbing issues i gotta take care of but other then that they are on. think i might pull them off 4 a little bit though till i can fab up a lift 4 it since i only have about an inch of clearance on the top of the tire adn even with a slight bump going through my yard it rubbed both front and rear. so right now it may have a bit more ground clearance but its pretty much useless offroad at the moment. i get a few pics of it this afternoon after i get some sleep since i just got home from work.

Did everyone catch that? 235/75 (same as mine, 28.9"x8.5") R 15..... NO LIFT!

Rage it dude! :drunk:

Go with a 4" lift for sure. Cost will be about the same as a 3" lift. 6" isnt out of the question; just harder finding the nuts and bolts.

hey morgan i bet yours have alot more tread depth on them though, i got a used set to start off with with about 1/2 tread on them, the rears are liberators, and the front are falken something or others lol, matching tread depth though

the only form of a lift it has right now is the suspension adjusted all the way up in the back and about 1/2 way in front, the suspension was perfect before i adjusted it so that might help a little

as for price about the onlything that is really gonna cost me anything is the strut tops and steering extension, which im gonna have to get some exact measurements of and have someone make it for me since i dont have a welder tight now.

as for the rest of the stuff i gotta go talk to a guy i know and he might be letting me get all the stuff im gonna need from him 4 free, might even be able to get him to make up the other stuff as well

well today i hauled out the saw and trimmed the front and rear of the front wheelwells and did a little more hamering and also adjusted to front struts up as far as they would go, and now no more rubbing except on extreme turns or large bumps(jumps). i also rolled the top lip of the fender up so there wasnt a chance of it snagging on the tire. i have a little over 2 inches of top clearance now in the front rear is still only about an inch of clearance so tomorrow im gonna make a set of shock extenders to help with that till i get the rest of the kit stuff ready, ill be making them fairly small for now since i wont be dropping the rear diff down for a cpl months , just want to add about another inch or so to the rear ride height.

so obviously the tires are gonna be staying on now, and as soon as i get the lift done ill buy a new set for it.