Ultimate Subaru Message Board

bigger wheels the easy way?

I really need to change my wheels on my highwayed 93 loyale 2wd(4 lug). I would like 15 inch. I have found other posts with alot of work I do not find worthwhile for this "conversion".I cant seem to keep it contently balanced all the way around, (while parts necessary to keep it so are good) on long trips@ high speed (struts go weak to those little benders?).I have 12 oem wheels, 8 new tires mounted and I cant make it good. I have thought of the struts, but every make and model car I've had with 13" wheels really sucked at higher speeds(65-70mph they seem to start throwing thier flaws at me).I would like to drop the height of the rubber and give it bigger on the steel/aluminum wheel. Any cheap ideas?

(not pertaining to post; these are other things I've had to "fix" on my 93 loyale):

http://users.adelphia.net/~barrygd73/suby.html

thanks!

hey bgd, I have been looking for some bigger wheels too. I found a set of four pug wheels at Silver's Auto in Orono, the guy said they weren't very pretty, but they would do the job just fine. I passed them up, so they're yours if you want.